News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Silver Boogie

Started by pickdropper, December 22, 2013, 03:06:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stomptown

Quote from: croquet hoop on December 22, 2013, 06:52:51 PM
Quote from: midwayfair on December 22, 2013, 06:05:25 PMhttp://www.smallbearelec.com/servlet/Detail?no=110

Those are smaller (13 mm diameter), I think those used by Pickdropper are 15 mm. They might be 45KN031 Eagle knobs, available from mouser.
They are definitely different than the ones from small bear, which I'm not really a fan of. Too tall/thin and a lot of the ones I've revieved are slightly scuffed/aged in spots. These ones look great! I'll look into the ones at mouser...

selfdestroyer

aesthetically perfect. You take the face plates to a new level.

pickdropper

Thanks guys.

The knobs are Eagle and most definitely were sourced from Mouser.  If anybody wants, I can look up the part number when I get home.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Stomptown

Quote from: pickdropper on December 22, 2013, 10:28:11 PM
Thanks guys.

The knobs are Eagle and most definitely were sourced from Mouser.  If anybody wants, I can look up the part number when I get home.

Thanks Dave! I think croquet hoop was right but a confirmation would be cool!

Here is the data sheet from mouser:

http://www.mouser.com/catalog/catalogusd/646/2042.pdf

Lots of cool stuff on there!

pickdropper

Croquet Hoop nailed it.  They are 45KN031.

I have some black ones as well.  Mouser PN: 450-7031.
Function f(x)

wretched

jubal81

Hats off, sir. You are an artist.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

m-Kresol

How did you make the faceplate? It's such a beauty, I'd like to try something like that  one day
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

pickdropper

Quote from: m-Kresol on December 23, 2013, 07:27:35 AM
How did you make the faceplate? It's such a beauty, I'd like to try something like that  one day

It is a reverse laser-etched acrylic plate.  Painted from the backside, etched backwards, then flipped and installed.
Function f(x)

billstein

Does the laser do the outside cutting? If not, how do you get those perfectly rounded corners?

pickdropper

Quote from: billstein on December 23, 2013, 06:16:42 PM
Does the laser do the outside cutting? If not, how do you get those perfectly rounded corners?

Yep, the laser cut the outside as well as all of the holes for the pots, switch and LED.

I've found I have to run the etch (raster) and cut (vector) operations in the same job or things get out of alignment.  That shouldn't happen, but for some reason it does.  I haven't figured that out yet.
Function f(x)

billstein

Quote from: pickdropper on December 23, 2013, 06:26:15 PM
Quote from: billstein on December 23, 2013, 06:16:42 PM

Yep, the laser cut the outside as well as all of the holes for the pots, switch and LED.

I've found I have to run the etch (raster) and cut (vector) operations in the same job or things get out of alignment.  That shouldn't happen, but for some reason it does.  I haven't figured that out yet.

Nice! I know what I want for Christmas.  ;D