News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

A confession...

Started by the3secondrule, December 19, 2013, 05:09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the3secondrule

I've never built a "distortion" pedal.

heaps of fuzzes, overdrives, boosts, but nothing super high gain and crunchy/heavy.

A couple of friends and I are starting a HEAVY HEAVY band, and I'm looking for recommendations for what to build, that I can use with a clean-ish amp.

this sorta sound is what we are going for:

I was thinking Suhr riot, anything else I should check out?
"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Haberdasher

upper decker
dragon armor is supposed to be really good
^^either of those would probably fit the bill and you wouldn't have to dick with jfets
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

selfdestroyer

UpperDecker would fit the bill.

damn it, Haberdasher beat me

haveyouseenhim

Okko Dominator.....I think sabrotone has a vero layout for it.

I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms

the3secondrule

Sweet. have ordered one of rullywowr's sick looking board sets for the triple wreck.

Lets get heavy!
I also have a Boss HM2 that I dearly love, I would kill to have someone fab some boards for that beast  ;D

J

the3secondrule

Quote from: haveyouseenhim on December 19, 2013, 05:33:48 PM
Okko Dominator.....I think sabrotone has a vero layout for it.

I am super lazy when it comes to vero - i have seen that layout, and I just don't think I have the patience  ;)

stevie1556

Upper Decker gets my vote as well! I'm currently building a couple as my friend wants one as well. From the sound clips I've heard it sounds immense!

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk!

rullywowr

I third that.  Upper decker is just so bad-ass.  Pretty much the most brutal distortion pedal I have every played, let alone built.  Last night I was jammin some 80's with my Kramer Pacer...an Upper Decker into a Sea Urchin into my Fender Blues Deluxe on clean.  Instant 80's lead toanz for days.  Scoop the mids or not..it's up to you but anyway you rock it, its just brutal.

I think I will do a single channel version of it soon just because there is so much freakin' gain already the boost is not necessary (IMO). 

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

alanp

Never played a TripleWreck, but the gating on the Dragon Armour is AMAZING. Very natural, doesn't come off sounding like the Cheese setting on the Cheese fuzz.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website