News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mouser Shipping to Canada

Started by davent, December 09, 2013, 04:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davent

Been hung up on this and delaying ordering for way too long, my brother would periodically visit a friend in PA, give me a heads up when he was going and i'd have difficult/problematic-to-ship orders sent to PA and my brother would be the mule but that tailed off a couple years ago.

Long story short finally pulled the trigger and placed an order on Nov.28. Placed order in US currency, some of the items went up crazily when shown in Cdn. currency so left the currency set to $US. Chose the $8 USPS shipping figuring i'd have to cough up for our sales taxes and a $5 handling fee when handed off at the door. Arrived today with no additional charges, just a 'have a nice day' and Christmas is early. Not the quickest shipping, i'm used to Digikey's $8 overnight but all is well!

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

electrosonic

I bought one of the sets of Ludwig boards ages ago, finally looking over the BOM and see that I pretty much have to order from Mouser. I know what you mean about the $8 digikey shipping, but it is good that Mouser no longer forces you to use UPS when ordering to Canada.

Andrew.

jkokura

$8 as a minimum is pretty good these days. I keep waiting for the prices to ship to the states to go up like they have to ship into Canada. The rates coming to us are often rather deplorable. It's made doing trades really difficult actually.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

davent

$8 is great and with both Mouser and Digikey order more then $200 free shipping.

Ordered some things from a shop in London Ontario yesterday (Christmas shopping), the shipping to the US on what i ordered was listed at considerably less then what the shipping was to me an hour or two straight done the highway in Canada. How does that work?

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

davent

Placed a Digikey order around 6 last night, $8 shipping... it's here, not even 10:30am yet.

North Dakato to S. Ontario, not bad.

dave