News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Vendor Issues

Started by jingyjangy, November 23, 2013, 02:21:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

croquet hoop

That's what my two mooer pedals have (yeah, I know, but these chinese clones are actually made with quality parts). The action is very nice and consistent (whereas not two blue 3PDTs from Tayda feel the same), and it feels like a quality switch. Given the small price difference with Tayda's, I would not hesitate one second to get the Alpha from PPP.

pickdropper

Quote from: croquet hoop on November 25, 2013, 12:48:52 AM
That's what my two mooer pedals have (yeah, I know, but these chinese clones are actually made with quality parts). The action is very nice and consistent (whereas not two blue 3PDTs from Tayda feel the same), and it feels like a quality switch. Given the small price difference with Tayda's, I would not hesitate one second to get the Alpha from PPP.

The Alphas are good, albeit a bit stiff.  The Tayda 3PDT switches are junk.  Worse than anything else discussed in this thread.

The Tayda's are junk.  Far worse than anything else that has been mentioned in this thread.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

burney

Anyone having a browser warning at smallbear? Was OK last week.

bcalla

Quote from: burney on November 27, 2013, 03:50:10 PM
Anyone having a browser warning at smallbear? Was OK last week.
I'm in with no issue.

Bret608

I like those Alpha 3PDTs so much I've stopped using others. Compared to other 3PDTs I've tried the actuation is nicer and they feel sturdier. Some people have reported the lug holes are pretty small, but I wired one up old school and didn't have that problem.

I expected they would be good after trying one of their DPDTs in a millennium bypass setup.

burney

Quote from: Bret608 on November 27, 2013, 05:26:13 PM
I like those Alpha 3PDTs so much I've stopped using others. Compared to other 3PDTs I've tried the actuation is nicer and they feel sturdier. Some people have reported the lug holes are pretty small, but I wired one up old school and didn't have that problem.

I expected they would be good after trying one of their DPDTs in a millennium bypass setup.

Thanks.
I had some provider hardware issues recently and it wrecked my browser, I had to reinstall. I set my Adblocking preferences to very strict. That's possibly the culprit.

Stomptown

Quote from: Bret608 on November 27, 2013, 05:26:13 PM

I think the people complaining about the lugs being small are confusing the alpha's with the black 3pdt's that mammoth sells. The lug holes on those are VERY small. On top of that, the lugs are not spaced the same as all other 3pdt's so you can't use the 3pdt daughterboards with them. IMO they are not worth the price either...

croquet hoop

Yeah, the Alpha 3PDT has a full-size body, while the black Mammoth 3PDT is smaller, hence the different lug spacing. I gave them a try too, thinking their smaller body would make them practical in 1590A builds. But they're crap, and much easier to burn with the solder iron. Besides, they're overpriced for what they are.

Stomptown

Quote from: croquet hoop on November 27, 2013, 06:03:35 PM
Yeah, the Alpha 3PDT has a full-size body, while the black Mammoth 3PDT is smaller, hence the different lug spacing. I gave them a try too, thinking their smaller body would make them practical in 1590A builds. But they're crap, and much easier to burn with the solder iron. Besides, they're overpriced for what they are.

I know! Just cause it's black does not mean it is worth more money!

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.