News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

I love these Malinoski Guitars

Started by jubal81, November 26, 2013, 08:05:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jubal81

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

muddyfox

Agreed. Way too rich for my blood right now (especially if you factor in shipping overseas and taxes and customs fees) but it really isn't as expensive as some people would charge for such a thing.

DutchMF

They do look great, but what sets him apart are the wood encased pickups, those are really, really nice!!!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

kothoma

Yeah, beautiful guitars, but these pickups caught my attention even more. Especially types 8 and 9!
(I don't get type 1, these may work for bass guitar, but aren't they too big for guitars?)

Edit: (typo)

Gledison

Quote from: DutchMF on November 26, 2013, 08:32:56 PM
They do look great, but what sets him apart are the wood encased pickups, those are really, really nice!!!

Paul
Hey Paul, do you know if the wood alters the sound of the pickup in the end? I mean, I know that the wood of the body and guitar arm affects the sound but never heard about wood cased pickups....They look indeed fanstastic!!
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

DutchMF

Quote from: Gledison on November 26, 2013, 09:01:18 PM
Quote from: DutchMF on November 26, 2013, 08:32:56 PM

Paul
Hey Paul, do you know if the wood alters the sound of the pickup in the end? I mean, I know that the wood of the body and guitar arm affects the sound but never heard about wood cased pickups....They look indeed fanstastic!!

I just like the look of them, I really don't know how they sound.........
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

ggarms

GermanCdn

Nice guitars at a reasonable price.

As far as the wood covers affecting the tone, it would in the sense that you'd have the magnets offset from a "regular" position by at least the thickness of the cover, so your overall signal wouldn't be as hot as it would be uncovered, but since his pickups are custom wound, he could theoretically compensate for that in the build process.  Also, if the final pickup is interchangeable with a stock pickup (idk if it is, would imagine so), then the bobbins would be a little narrower as well.  Don't think the covers would alter the magnet much on their own merit, as they are non metallic.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

kothoma

pickdropper

Some of them are kind of cool, some don't work for me for one reason or another.

They kind of look like the love child of a Parker Fly and a Dali painting.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

muddyfox

Not that there's anything wrong with that....