News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

How Many of you swapped out C1 and C12 in the Aristocrat

Started by ckalinec, March 01, 2011, 09:49:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ckalinec

I'm interested in how many of you swapped C1 and C12 for more bass as in madbean's docs. Curious as to whether or not I should do this with my upcoming build

sprayfe

I did, just cause i trust the bean.  Don't have a before to compare it to. :)

gtr2

I didn't, but I would socket those and adjust to taste if I built it again.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

maysink

I socketed both caps but found the presence trimpots were also to blame in why I initially disliked this pedal. I haven't found the magic combo of caps & trimpot tweakage but I keep tinkering with 'em and the pedal gets a bit better each time I do.
[nothing to see here]
-e

ckalinec

jkokura

The same way you socket any part.

They make IC sockets, but you can cut those up, or buy straight line sockets that you can break up and use for individual leads. Put one in each spot for the cap leads, then you can swap caps.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

stevewire

I socketed them and actually put two switches for those to have a choice.  I think I would like to build the Aristocrat again.  The first pedal I ever built was General Guitar Gadgets BluesBreaker, which is a clone of the original Marshall BluesBreaker OD and the origin of the King of Tone. On that build I had upped the value of the end cap and actually like it more than my Timmy OD.  So it has me wondering if I could get more out of this circuit fooling around with the caps 8 & 9/19 & 20.  I am just not real sure what the purpose of the polarized caps at 8 and 19.  Are they necessary?