News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tornado November

Started by pryde, November 19, 2013, 12:02:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pryde

Some of you may have heard of the Midwest tornado damage that occurred yesterday. Big F4 'nader ripped some serious devastation in and around my area (central, IL.) My neighborhood was spared but just 1.5 miles east of me many, many homes were completely blown away. Nuts man. Here is an aerial photo of one of the twister's "scar".

billstein

That's nuts man. Glad you're ok.

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

pickdropper

Man, that's scary.

I watched some of that footage on the news yesterday while the game was delayed.  It looked pretty rough out there.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

davent

The news was just saying that since 1986 there's been ~194 November tornado warnings in Illinois, yesterday accounts for over half of those.

Glad to see you came through unscathed!

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

pryde

Quote from: davent on November 19, 2013, 01:06:42 AM
The news was just saying that since 1986 there's been ~194 November tornado warnings in Illinois, yesterday accounts for over half of those.

Glad to see you came through unscathed!

dave

Yes yesterday morning I woke up about 6:30 and it was 76'F and muggy. Had that feeling in the air that something just wasn't right. Started getting super windy and rapidly dropping temps about 10 AM and then all hell broke loose. Got some friends and customers that completely lost their homes. Really sucks. Gotta love the Midwest  ::)

Haberdasher

That sucks about your friends, but I'm really glad you came out ok, JP!
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

Bret608

Glad to hear you're okay too! I'm in the Midwest too but a bit north of you (southern Wisconsin). Once a couple of years ago, we had about the weather conditions you were describing one evening. I looked out my daughters' window upstairs and saw this massive black cloud that was starting to rotate. I told everyone to get into the basement. Apparently it did coalesce into a tornado about twelve miles east of our place.

That wind the other night was just nuts. I wasn't surprised to hear all those tornadoes ripped through the region. All the best to those you know who were affected.