News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Belton Digital Sound Effector? 16 effects in 1

Started by chromesphere, November 17, 2013, 11:47:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chromesphere

So impressed with the belton reverb, I was on their website and noticed the belton digital sound effector, 16 effects in the one box.  There are other versions that have 32 and 99 effects as well.  The example circuit looks cautiously simple, but I was wondering why no one has build anything with this before?  Is there some complex external digital element that im not seeing?

Their stupid website doesn't allow direct link, just click on the link in the left side box under 'dsp module'
http://www.accutronicsreverb.com/

Paul

Edit: Hmm, that's a pretty funky looking switch.  "cts code sw".
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

jubal81

Last I checked into it, they won't sell them retail.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

chromesphere

Pricey but possible:
http://www.tubeampdoctor.com/en/shop_Reverb_Cans_Effects_Accutronics_Belton_digital/accutronics_BTSE_16FX_Sound_Effector_DSP_Module_3536

Oh they have the switch as well!
http://www.tubeampdoctor.com/en/shop_Reverb_Cans_Effects_Accutronics_Belton_digital/Rotary_type_digital_code_switch_BTDS20V_116_3538

Edit: Saw something on diysb, someone contacted them and they responded with $15 per unit, but I don't know how many units or if this was for a retail arrangement.  I think I have to get my hands on one of these when I get back from interstate!

culturejam

Looks pretty neat, Chromo. Never heard of that particular brick before.

The one thing I see missing is a way to control the effect parameters (like LFO speed, depth, delay time, etc). It appears that *everything* is pre-programmed, including all parameters that a pedal user would normally want to be able to control.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

chromesphere

Hmm, true Culturejam.  Could probably only add things that effect wet dry level and tails maybe on the output, but yeah, looks like its all wrapped inside.  there is a 99 effects model which has a lot of different versions of each effect as well. Also has stereo out which is always nice.  They should do away with the 99 effects and have the 6 basic effects (flanger, delay, etc) and add some sort of analogue control for time / effect level / depth etc...
Still would like to hear it though :D
Paul

chromesphere

Hmm, I started a thread over and DSB as well and im surprised this idea hasn't really caught on. The BTSE32 version (32 effects) also has an 800ms digital delay as well!  Which I assume is going to be cleaner then a pt2399?  I heard the belton brick is 2 pt2399s though so maybe not?
I know it sucks you can control the parameters, but it looks very simple to put together and has a huge range of effects!  I've emailed them for a chip, so see what they come back with.  I'm sure if I plow on with this idea you'll see / hear it on my channel at some point.
Paul

pickdropper

Quote from: culturejam on November 18, 2013, 01:36:19 AM
Looks pretty neat, Chromo. Never heard of that particular brick before.

The one thing I see missing is a way to control the effect parameters (like LFO speed, depth, delay time, etc). It appears that *everything* is pre-programmed, including all parameters that a pedal user would normally want to be able to control.

I had an ART rack mount effects unit like that it the early 90's.  :-)
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

culturejam

Quote from: chromesphere on November 18, 2013, 11:20:44 AM
The BTSE32 version (32 effects) also has an 800ms digital delay as well!  Which I assume is going to be cleaner then a pt2399?

That would be worth the price alone, assuming the delay time is adjustable (of course). And I would assume it would be much cleaner than the 2399.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

chromesphere

Yeah that's what I was thinking culturejam.  Waiting on a response from the dist on cost for these.  I figure if these are anywhere near as successful as im predicting, it will be in there best interest to get one to me :D (bit like the prismatic reverb.  Had LOADS of enquiries about that one).
Paul