News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Krankasouras signal path?

Started by Nate77, November 12, 2013, 11:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nate77

I recently "finished" this and  having some pretty decent issues. Looking for the signal path of both the boost and the distortion if anyone could help me. Thanks.

ggarms

Have you read over the schematic and followed the signal from where it says "input"? Also, have you built an audio probe?

Nate77

I haven't. This is probably my 9th or 10th project and I'm kinda doing it backwards. I'm building without any solid  knowledge of how they do what they do, until I build it and then kind of "reverse learn" the how. I've avoided the whole audio probe thing and am just getting into reading the seemingly bizarre language of schematics. I'll stop cheating and asking you gents and run through the schematics an build the probe tomorrow (day of status). Thanks for the nudge. Guess I should man up, eh??

ggarms

Absolutely! The only real way to learn is to try and fail. and keep failing and keep asking questions. Everyone here is super helpful but they will all also suggest you man up like you said! I definitely recommend building an audio probe and learning how to read schematics, at least on a basic level. Most problems can be sorted out with patience and a probe. Eventually you'll learn enough to diagnose and fix most problems. I'm by no means an expert but one of the first projects I took on was a rebote delay I etched myself. It took forever to build and get working properly but I learned a ton in the process so the experience was invaluable. Beavisaudio.com is a good resource for starting out- check out the tech pages section. Otherwise good luck!

Nate77

I put together an audio probe tonight and I'll debug that build tomorrow morning. Thanks again for the help ggarms, much appreciated. I learn wayyyy more from my failures than my successes. I'm absolutely obsessed with the whole build process, probably more than the final product!!

ggarms

I find stuffing and soldering a board to be a very calming experience. A bit of tunes in the background and a couple beers and you have yourself an evening!

rullywowr

Quote from: ggarms on November 16, 2013, 03:56:43 PM
I find stuffing and soldering a board to be a very calming experience. A bit of tunes in the background and a couple beers and you have yourself an evening!

Spot on man!  I was thinking this same thing the other night while I had a beer close by, some tunes on, and I was populating a Harbinger One. 

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!