News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Rotary switch question(s)

Started by soldersqueeze, November 11, 2013, 08:49:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soldersqueeze

Would anyone mind giving their opinions on a couple of rotary switch wiring ideas? I came up with the following layouts and was wondering if anyone could have a look and see if I actually got them right :)

Switch 1-
This is for a pedal with two separate distortions each with their own independent foot switch. I want to also build a delay into this which could be assigned to either distortion. The switch is a 4P3T rotary with one unused set of lugs.
"from dist.1 out" is from the distortion 1 PCB output, "to dist.1 out" means to the foot switch. Sorry for not making this diagram clearer...
Position 1 would be Distortion 1 with delay, distortion 2 without delay
Position 2 would be distortion 1 without delay, distortion 2 with delay
Position 3 would be delay off entirely.

The second switch is for two effects with one foot switch.
Position 1 would be effect one alone.
Position 2 would be effect two alone.
Position 3 would be effect one into effect two.

I'm sorry if this doesn't make any sense at all, I've tried to make myself clear but may well have failed...

DutchMF

I'll have to take a good look at this to check it out. From your sketches I'm presuming 4P3T switches? Will check it out when I'm fresh tomorrow morning.

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

soldersqueeze

Quote from: DutchMF on November 11, 2013, 09:13:55 PM
I'll have to take a good look at this to check it out. From your sketches I'm presuming 4P3T switches? Will check it out when I'm fresh tomorrow morning.

Paul

Thanks dude. The switches are indeed 3p4t rotaries.
If the diagrams are incomprehensible as they stand just say the word and I'll redraw them. Don't want to cause any more headaches than necessary :)

DutchMF

Hey soldersqueeze, I've been tracing my finger along the lines you drew, and as far as I can see, you have both of the switching things correct. Nice ideas Btw! I have a feeling the first setup could be done with a 3PDT on-of-on toggle (not sure if that is available!), which would save you a whole lot of space, but I'll have to give that some thought...... I like switching like this, but it does make my head hurt!  ;D

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"