News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Opinion needed on graphics.. :S

Started by Gledison, November 09, 2013, 05:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aballen

Check out Dave's sonic screwdriver.  An amazing laser etch.  That will give you a good idea of what you can do.

Chi_Boy

You could do it with the Pulsar Pro system.  It's supposed to be able to do colored graphics on dark backgrounds, but I haven't tried that yet.  I'm getting the white on darks pretty well, but still learning.  I definitely have a love / hate relationship with that product.  Not to mention, it's expensive to start and there is a steep learning curve.  http://www.pulsarprofx.com/

This is white on black wrinkle coat powder:

Stomptown

Quote from: Gledison on November 10, 2013, 08:38:51 PM
Quote from: Stomptown on November 10, 2013, 08:29:59 PM
How about laser engraving? If there is a local trophy ship they should have one. It might cost a bit but it looks great...
hey mate. actually there is one close by here. I will take a look. Do you have any pictures of such engraving? I believe it will than show up the aluminium colour through the purple right?
cheers

Here is an example but definitely check out pickdroppers build reports. He is the master at this stuff. There are two things to consider when using a laser engraver. First, make sure your fonts and images are not too fine. You want thicker, bolder fonts and graphics. Second, the contrast between the design and enclosure is affected by the color. Purple us not going to give the best contrast, but I've done it and it works ok...