News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sqweeker wiring

Started by das234, November 04, 2013, 11:59:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

das234

My son finished building his Sqweeker pedal and now we want to box it up but I'm puzzled.  I etched the board from the doc under discontinued projects and it's got two pads for LED and a pad labeled SW.  I've always either followed the Madbean standard wiring diagram or used a 1776 3PDT board so I'm not sure what to do with these pads.  Any help?

davent

One mid terminal on the 3pdt should be wired to ground. The SW pad would be wired to the terminal of your 3PDT that connects to the grounded terminal when the circuit is on.

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

das234

Would I make the other connections according to the standard wiring diagram?  And just add a wire to the SW pad?

davent

Hadn't seen this before... Based on the first diagram here, the grey wire from the switch to the flat side of the LED would go from the switch to the SW pad. The LED gets wired to the pads of the Sqweeker PCB instead of to the offboard components. Everything else remains the same.

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/tutorials/downloads/StandardWiring_MBP.pdf

Take care!
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

das234

Thanks Dave.  That sounds about right.  So to be sure I'm not mistaken, R14 will be the CLR for the LED and it is supplied through the board rather than wired to the DC jack.  Correct?

davent

Yup Dave, exactly, R14 is the PCB mounted CLR.

Depending on your choice of LED you may need/want to use a value different from the 10k shown.

dave