Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

mini phase 45

Started by gtangas, November 18, 2013, 12:03:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gtangas

Hey guys

I want to share my first 1590A

It's a mini phase 45 from solderman. It's a replica of the tone pad project but in xs size

I use  matched J201 and I sound very nice...

Working with this enclosures is tuff... Everything is by the mm... But it's a beauty when we hold it on the palm of the hand

selfdestroyer

Dude, that looks great. I really need to get a template for a nice tight build like that. I have wasted so many 1590A's due to my shotty measuring skills.

gtangas

For this one I didn't use the template... First time in this size and in that cases I measure everything. But have you tried the baby board guide from Brian?

selfdestroyer

Quote from: gtangas on November 18, 2013, 09:23:08 AM
For this one I didn't use the template... First time in this size and in that cases I measure everything. But have you tried the baby board guide from Brian?

I have but I really need to force myself to stock up on closed jacks. Makes working with 1590As a little better.

pickdropper

Quote from: selfdestroyer on November 18, 2013, 03:04:28 AM
Dude, that looks great. I really need to get a template for a nice tight build like that. I have wasted so many 1590A's due to my shotty measuring skills.

I would recommend downloading Brian's Baby Board Build Guide.  It has drilling templates in it that work very well.

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

pickdropper

Nice first build, gtangas!

I am sure it is the first of many.  1590a builds are more addictive than most builds for some reason.
Function f(x)

gtangas

Yeah this enclosures are just sweet...

But every mm counts

I bought the jacks from tayda... The hole is 10mm, not the usually 9mm hole but the Pcb lay down very well...

I had to de solder some components like the ic sockets, the 10nf green caps to lower the high of the board. After that... Perfect fit

I found a matched pair of J201 but the readings are lower than the 2n5952 that I use for the phase 90 but it sounds very nice...

pickdropper

I also like the enclosed jacks for 1590a builds.

You can actually get Neutrik enclosed jacks for nearly the same price as Tayda, so I find those to be a better option.  I like Switchcraft as well.
Function f(x)

croquet hoop

Very nice build. I like how the first picture shows that even with only the stomp switch, the jacks and one pot, there is already not much space left inside.

And I agree with Pickdropper, the Neutrik enclosed jacks are barely more expensive than Tayda's, but they feel so much better. And the wider nuts feel much more solid.

gtangas

I have to look in to it... My issue is that tayda offers lot for the money...but lacks a bunch of good material.. If hi bought comp from Europe shops like banzai they have good stuff but the prices are almost the double and the shipping fee is about 10bucks but when I need diferents things (matched transistors, Belton,etc) I order some goodies from then he he he

Yesss, the first picture shows how narrow the inside space is... But after closet it up we get a beautiful toy... I want more he he he

kaycee

Nice! Always impressed by the mini builds, never enough to be mad enough to try one though.

gtangas

try it! the end result is very nice!!! this one is a simple build.. only one knob and a simple board (the photos dont show 2 electro caps that are beneath but nothing special)

if you google mini phase by solderman you find the boom and pcb transfer

Yesterday i was playing with this pedal with a rub a dub in the chain.... and Man... sweet!!!