News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Enclosure for Line 6 DL-4 rehouse

Started by Beedoola, October 20, 2013, 09:02:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beedoola

I'm looking for an enclosure that is 8.5'' by 4.25" or a little bigger to rehouse my DL-4. I looked on the hammond site but I don't see anything close to what I want/need.

jkokura

JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

gtr2

Why are you looking to rehouse?

I had one powdercoated by a local company, it turned out spectacular!  You can get new label strips from Line 6 as well if you call them.  I made a nice profit on that flip.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

Beedoola

Quote from: gtr2 on October 21, 2013, 01:38:41 AM
Why are you looking to rehouse?

I had one powdercoated by a local company, it turned out spectacular!  You can get new label strips from Line 6 as well if you call them.  I made a nice profit on that flip.

Josh

Thanks. I guess just to do it since it hasn't been done. I got the DL-4 not working well for $60 - bad switches, but fixed it - well, I only had one replacement switch so the other 3 pads just have wires right now. The enclosure is fucked and would need to be repainted but thats been done. I'd like to see if I could fit it into a smaller enclosure - the battery compartment already eats up space and the enclosure is a little wider than the actual PCB. I think that might make it a little more pedalboard friendly.

Also, just out of curiosity; how much did the local company charge for the power coat?

gtr2

They did my enclosure for free because of other business I've done with them.  I'd think it should be around $30 because it has to be media blasted and then powdercoated.  It would also depend on the color you pick, some need two different coats.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer