News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Koa Univibe

Started by mrein, October 12, 2013, 05:25:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrein

Don't think I've ever posted here but this is a madbean pcb so I thought it was only appropriate :)  it's my latest client build, a harbinger with a koa top.  Horizontal layout as per the client request (would've done the same thing if it was for myself, but man the wiring was a pain not using any board-mounting opportunities).  Light shield is some kind of plumbing cap (thick yellow plastic, painted brown) - had to take the dremel to it to get it to fit nicely, but worked out well.  Great sounding circuit - looking forward to another madbean board at some point :)

kothoma

Hey, this looks interesting. So it is a thin koa veneer with clear coat. What is the white "binding"?

mrein

correct - the binding is machine-cut vinyl in between two layers of envirotex

lincolnic

Gorgeous. Post more builds, please!

Ettore_M

Just beautiful! The veneer looks awesome.. If only I could get a veneer like that for the top of my Strat!  ;D

Hector
" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

wolfingsworth

This is most awesome! I've done a couple of builds with wood veneer on top but non as elegant and well done as this! Welcome to the forum :)

ch1naski

That there should have been a contest entry. Fabulous.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

one louder.

angrykoko

That is beautiful.
Wow, what a great idea to put the laminate on there.  Looks more like art than a pedal  :)
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

DutchMF

Quote from: angrykoko on October 16, 2013, 11:18:17 AM
That is beautiful.
Wow, what a great idea to put the laminate on there.  Looks more like art than a pedal  :)

I'd say a really beautiful, expensive, well-executed piece of furniture..... really, really nice!!!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

billstein

brejna