News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pharoah

Started by angrykoko, September 28, 2013, 12:02:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

angrykoko

Here is my pharhoah build.
Controls left to right: Red knob is volume, next is tone, then gain.   Next row is clipping sw, hi-lo sw, pre-gain

Much thanks to cortexturizer for the pre-gain and tone control mod ideas on his filthy 9 build report.  The tone especially is amazing.

I love love love this pedal, it's the fuzz sound I've had in my head but could never get out.  Don't be fooled that it's only for stoner rock, give it a try with some slide guitar.
I have had a Rams Head muff for a while but, it was just not my thing so I was a bit on the fence to even build this.  I"m really glad I did. 

I actually had an idea for some simple labeling and graphic but  it looks so good the way it is I decided to leave it this way (sometimes less is more).

The enclosure is from a previous build that I didn't get along with.. check out what it used to be: http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=6126.msg52888#msg52888
I'm not sure what the proper way to remove powder coat is but... a soldering torch worked quite nice :)
It wasn't supposed to be distressed either, the thing got rained on after I painted it black and put it in the sun to dry so the distressing is by need to smooth out the horrible result I had.. but, I liked it in the end.

Oh.. and I forgot to order knobs again so I dug up what I could find and was like "wow.. that's cool looking".

So you could say the whole look is one big accident ;)

The board is a mudbunny populated mostly from this thread: http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=2385.0 and then the ideas from cortexturizer.

Anyway, enough jibber jabber.. here's the pics

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

ch1naski

Nice! It is a great fuzz, bombastic and huge, yet still articulate.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

one louder.