News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Slow Loris, hardly any volume

Started by Jolagh, September 26, 2013, 11:41:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolagh

Hi, I'm new to pedal building, and I decided to make a slow loris for my first pedal! Anyway, I have it all soldered together, and I've checked my soldering a couple of times, but my slow loris just wont put out any volume! It distorts, and the diodes light up like they are doing their jobs correctly, but there is just no volume coming out, I have to turn my amp way up to hear it. I'm a little stumped and I'm sure its something simple, but where should I start looking to correct this?

hoodoo

You could check that the transistor is in the right way, and volume pot is correct value for starters, good luck, Matt.

jimilee

Check your grounds as well,then hop over to the tech support forum and read the "read this first" thread. Lots of real nice folks around to help out. Welcome!
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Jolagh

Well, its a 100kA pot and the transistor is in correctly. I forgot to mention that I had this working before I boxed it. Then I ended up desolderomg several of the pots and the footswitch in order to make it fit inside the box. It works correctly in bypass as well. Just loses volume when the pesal ia on. When I touch the volume knob it makes a hum. Not sure what that means.