News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Zero point DD pcb layout for etching

Started by Gledison, September 25, 2013, 08:04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gledison

hello everyone.
im trying to find the pcb layout for the Zero point DD  for etching...if someone has and can share would be great..
thanks
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

Haberdasher

i don't think there is one available for that project.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

madbean

There is no single sided layout for the DD. Actually, none of the Zero Points have single sided layouts.

selfdestroyer

Quote from: madbean on September 25, 2013, 11:38:43 PM
There is no single sided layout for the DD. Actually, none of the Zero Points have single sided layouts.

Bean, you mean "yet" right? :]

wolfingsworth

Aw come on who are we kidding. It's waaaayyy easier to solder a fabbed board😜

Gledison

Quote from: wolfingsworth on September 26, 2013, 04:08:24 AM
Hey mate, i cant tell you because ive never did! I started already etching my boards, tinning and adding solder mask, what i really enjoy doing it! Just populating the pcb is too easy, i like soffering.. Heheeheh
I guess i have to build a sea urchin deep blue instead...
Thanks guys anyways!

Gledison

Brian, sorry for my ignorance :P! The pcbs in the site are double sided? It means that one would have to etch both sides? Sorry, ive never did that.
Cheers

raulduke

Quote from: Gledison on September 26, 2013, 07:46:04 AM
Brian, sorry for my ignorance :P! The pcbs in the site are double sided? It means that one would have to etch both sides? Sorry, ive never did that.
Cheers

For a lot of Brians projects he will do a single sided layout for DIY'ers who want to etch, and a double sided layout for the fabbed PCB's.

The Zeropoints are great projects, and are very reasonably priced.

Why not support Brian and his site and treat yourself to one  ;)?

Gledison

Quote from: raulduke on September 26, 2013, 09:17:23 AM
Quote from: Gledison on September 26, 2013, 07:46:04 AM
Cheers

For a lot of Brians projects he will do a single sided layout for DIY'ers who want to etch, and a double sided layout for the fabbed PCB's.

The Zeropoints are great projects, and are very reasonably priced.

Why not support Brian and his site and treat yourself to one  ;)?
Sure, i will do that. the prob is that 70% of the fun would be gone....eheheh. I like etching

wolfingsworth

Quote from: Gledison on September 26, 2013, 07:43:04 AM
Hey mate, i cant tell you because ive never did! I started already etching my boards, tinning and adding solder mask, what i really enjoy doing it! Just populating the pcb is too easy, i like soffering.. Heheeheh
Thanks guys anyways!
I know what you mean. I had started etching and that's all I did for my first half a dozen builds. My first fabbed PCB was the Dirtbag Deluxe and it went together easier than my First Thunderpuss build. My suggestion, build the Sea Urchin because it's a great sounding delay and next time you have some extra cash, buy a few boards from Brian 😀

Gledison

Quote from: wolfingsworth on September 26, 2013, 01:14:39 PM
Quote from: Gledison on September 26, 2013, 07:43:04 AM
Thanks guys anyways!
I know what you mean. I had started etching and that's all I did for my first half a dozen builds. My first fabbed PCB was the Dirtbag Deluxe and it went together easier than my First Thunderpuss build. My suggestion, build the Sea Urchin because it's a great sounding delay and next time you have some extra cash, buy a few boards from Brian 😀
The pcbs have a fair price! To buy them wouldn be a big deal! Is just the DiY thing😛 ! Just soldering the components for me gets to fast! I need the stress of tone transfer and etching😛
Cheers

culturejam

Well, if you like etching and you enjoy "suffering", I think you should definitely get started on double-sided etching.  ;D
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

Gledison

Quote from: culturejam on September 26, 2013, 03:14:39 PM
Well, if you like etching and you enjoy "suffering", I think you should definitely get started on double-sided etching.  ;D
Hey, sounds cool! Any suggestions?

madbean

Single sided etching artwork comes about when I either start a project off that way (to make my own prototype) or after the fact (I do a double sided layout first and then a single sided for the etchers). In some cases, the circuits are really complex and I don't bother doing a single sided layout. The DD and Micro are not terribly complex, but considering their form factor (1590B and 1590A) there is no way I could see keeping a single sided layout to those sizes. I could do etching layouts for them in larger sizes, but I think it's fair for me to reserve a few projects here and there as "fabbed boards" only.

Gledison

Quote from: madbean on September 26, 2013, 03:49:38 PM
Single sided etching artwork comes about when I either start a project off that way (to make my own prototype) or after the fact (I do a double sided layout first and then a single sided for the etchers). In some cases, the circuits are really complex and I don't bother doing a single sided layout. The DD and Micro are not terribly complex, but considering their form factor (1590B and 1590A) there is no way I could see keeping a single sided layout to those sizes. I could do etching layouts for them in larger sizes, but I think it's fair for me to reserve a few projects here and there as "fabbed boards" only.
Totally fair Brian. my point is not in saving money by etching, I found just fun.
after all discussion, I ve just checke for the DD and is Sold out! maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan! might be definetly a good one!!!