News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Nautilus hi/lo switch labeling

Started by calciferspit, September 09, 2013, 02:52:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

calciferspit

After building my nautilus (amazing sounding btw, nicest filter i've ever played) I noticed that the hi/lo switch is actually a lo/hi switch. As in left position is bassy and the right position trebly. Which follows the flow of the rest of the pedal where leftmost positions are low/down and the rightmost positions are high/up. I searched through many of your build reports and noticed that all of them were labelled hi(left)/lo(right). I don't see how my switch could be reversed as it is board mounted. Any other experiences with this?

hammerheadmusicman

Which side of the board did you mount everything on?
I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..

calciferspit

the unprinted side. nothing else is reversed.

hammerheadmusicman

I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..

calciferspit

can anyone with a nautilus build verify their hi/lo lo/hi switch function? pretty please?

Droogie

Finally got a chance to spend some quality time with this one.  I'm no expert, but mine functions the same as yours in that hi and lo seem reversed. The only caveat I would add is that there is definitely a learning curve to using this pedal effectively—there are so many possibilities and combinations. Some settings yield almost no sound—turn a knob or flip a switch—funky awesomeness ensues! Just scratching the surface, so far... 
Chief Executive Officer in Charge of Burrito Redistribution at Hytone Electric

calciferspit

Cool. Thank you for confirming my suspicions. It sure is a fun one. I think the "dead" settings are mostly due to this being designed to take multiple trigger source levels. My jazzmaster triggers all three passes, but my bass vi only triggers in low pass and low gain band pass. My theremin and casio like the high pass best. Lo/hi it is!

calciferspit

...and i just noticed that member midwayfair posted a build report and labelled his switch Lo/Hi. so, yeah...

midwayfair

Quote from: calciferspit on September 15, 2013, 05:30:22 PM
...and i just noticed that member midwayfair posted a build report and labelled his switch Lo/Hi. so, yeah...

Uh, yeah. Check my video, too. I got all sorts of stuff wrong.

The reason is that I couldn't figure out what label was supposed to go with what function, to be honest. Mutron's original labels were ... a bit more descriptive than Brian's.