News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tayda Quality

Started by chromesphere, August 06, 2013, 12:12:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

croquet hoop

I got 20 or so of them in June, they were all between 495-515 hfe.

edit : forget it, those were not from Tayda, I never actually got 5088s from them.

pickdropper

If Mouser is convenient, you may want to check out their pricing.  Last time I ordered 2n5088's, I got them from mouser because they are so inexpensive in bulk.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

croquet hoop

... that's precisely where these ~500 hfe 5088s come from, by the way.

ch1naski

I need to go to my "box of fail" circuits and recheck all the ones with germanium diodes. Tayda, ....... Argh!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
one louder.

BuGG

I just worked with my first sheet of copper clad from Tayda today.....  Excellent!   

So much easier to work with than some of the others I have used, it's "softer" than any other boards I've used and doesn't seem to eat up my drill bits / razor blades.

I just ordered a bunch more of em.

RobA

As a test, I ordered ten 1n34a Ge diodes in my last Tayda order. I got them out this morning and tested them and all ten are within spec and functioning fine. They look identical to the 1n34a's I've ordered from them in the past too. It does make me wonder if they ship from multiple warehouses.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rockā€¢it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

Darkknigh_t

I always order from tayda and everything was fine just one time my alpha pot had a broken off legg i dont know how that happened but the little bit was in the bag so it probably broke off in shipping even thought i dont know how :/ and i remember i order 1n34a and once when i was bending the leggs the diode broke in half and im always careful and once  a 1n4001 legg broke off straight away i bearly touched it. All in all nothing weird if you consider how many parts they ship some are bound to be faulty. Im always happy with tayda and i will order again :)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

das234

I've bought thousands of parts from them now and every order has been correct and the only problem I've had with a part was a switch I overheated and one of the terminals pulled out.  My last order of almost 1000 parts showed up at my door in under a week too.

chromesphere

Quote from: BuGG on August 12, 2013, 03:00:00 AM
I just worked with my first sheet of copper clad from Tayda today.....  Excellent!   

So much easier to work with than some of the others I have used, it's "softer" than any other boards I've used and doesn't seem to eat up my drill bits / razor blades.

I just ordered a bunch more of em.

Hey bug, have you had issues with pads lifting?  Man, the copper on their FR2 lifts off with no effort.  I'm actually not much of a fan of their copper board.  Personal preference i guess but i perfer FR4.
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

Beedoola

Can anyone share their thoughts on the 2n3904s from Tayda? I just used some (socketed) on a wolf computer circuit and they don't sound as good as those in the clone I use to compare it with - one I built years ago with parts (and 3904s) from Small Bear.

pickdropper

Quote from: Beedoola on September 04, 2013, 03:40:34 AM
Can anyone share their thoughts on the 2n3904s from Tayda? I just used some (socketed) on a wolf computer circuit and they don't sound as good as those in the clone I use to compare it with - one I built years ago with parts (and 3904s) from Small Bear.

It could be batch to batch variation.

2n3904 are so cheap and available, I am sure they are real, but it is possible they are slightly out of spec.  I've noticed that on some of the FETs I've gotten from Tayda.

I think they just get whatever is cheapest, wherever it comes from.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

BuGG

Quote from: chromesphere on September 02, 2013, 11:13:53 PMHey bug, have you had issues with pads lifting?  Man, the copper on their FR2 lifts off with no effort.  I'm actually not much of a fan of their copper board.  Personal preference i guess but i perfer FR4.

Nope, no foil lifting problems at all.   The only issue I've had is a little bit of "blow out" on the opposite side of my PCB when drilling but my bit was getting dull...   After replacing it I've had no more problems.   

So the boards Tayda sells are FR2?      That probably explains why they cut so much easier...    I know my previous batch of boards were FR4 and those things ate up my razor blades quick.   Overall I'm quite happy with them, in fact just ordered another batch.

chromesphere

Quote from: BuGG on September 04, 2013, 04:19:09 AM
Quote from: chromesphere on September 02, 2013, 11:13:53 PMHey bug, have you had issues with pads lifting?  Man, the copper on their FR2 lifts off with no effort.  I'm actually not much of a fan of their copper board.  Personal preference i guess but i perfer FR4.

Nope, no foil lifting problems at all.   The only issue I've had is a little bit of "blow out" on the opposite side of my PCB when drilling but my bit was getting dull...   After replacing it I've had no more problems.   

So the boards Tayda sells are FR2?      That probably explains why they cut so much easier...    I know my previous batch of boards were FR4 and those things ate up my razor blades quick.   Overall I'm quite happy with them, in fact just ordered another batch.

Yeah i get that blow out as well.  That's interesting.  I have 3 main issues with the tayda board, 1) blow out 2) pads lift easily (resolder once and their gone) and 3) they snap easy as well, particularly long boards, for obvious reasons.
Maybe i'm just used to FR4 and I'm man handling it.  Either way, i did find a use for it recently.  Those little smd j201 boards.  Couldn't have done it with fr4 because i had to trim them down to a few mm at a time.
Paul
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube