News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

*ONE MORE* Question about the Zero Point SDX

Started by haveyouseenhim, August 30, 2013, 08:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haveyouseenhim

I just got my Zero Point SDX PCB in the mail today and I see that some of the resistors on the silkscreen are sized smaller than others.    I was wondering if I can use 1/8 watt resistors there or should they be standup resistors?

Like R55, R42, R43, R46, R47   etc.
I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms

ChrisM

Those would be 1/8W resistors. I think the build doc makes note of this.

GhostofJohnToad

I used 1/4 watt everywhere with no issues.

Darkknigh_t

Me too 1/4 all of them and everything is fine :)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

jimilee

I'm jumping on the me too train, I don't care for 1/8 resistors myself, they're just too small!
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

haveyouseenhim

Quote from: ChrisM on August 30, 2013, 08:37:43 PM

I didn't see anything in the build docs about it.

Quote from: GhostofJohnToad on August 30, 2013, 08:54:49 PM

I know that it wouldn't be an issue to use 1/4w. I just like to have em sit flat.

TreeSlayer

I like mine to sit flat also. if you use the 1/8w, just be sure to let the first end cool down before you solder the other. I've not had any issues doing it that way...

by the way, if you don't happen to have any 1/8w, send me a list of what you need. I can loan them to you if I have them, and you can send them back when you get ready to place another stock order.

Layton
"At the line it's just you, me and the tree." the TreeSlayer

"You have the rest of your life to make excuses and be a fuckin' pussy. Today is your day OFF!"  Amiri King

Darkknigh_t

Quote from: haveyouseenhim on August 30, 2013, 11:42:33 PM
Quote from: ChrisM on August 30, 2013, 08:37:43 PM

I didn't see anything in the build docs about it.

Quote from: GhostofJohnToad on August 30, 2013, 08:54:49 PM

I know that it wouldn't be an issue to use 1/4w. I just like to have em sit flat.
I managed to get the 1/4w flat with a pair of pliers well almost flat there is enough room.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

haveyouseenhim

I'm a bit confused by the rotary switch. I ordered the switch from the build docs link and I thought it would only have 4 positions right?  It has 12 positions and has me a little confused. Did they send me the wrong part? Or am I missing something I should know?

brejna

If you got plastic type of switch there is usually under the screw an pin that makes it 2,3,4... 12 position switch. just keep an eye on that.

haveyouseenhim

Quote from: brejna on September 03, 2013, 11:38:46 PM
If you got plastic type of switch there is usually under the screw an pin that makes it 2,3,4... 12 position switch. just keep an eye on that.

Thank you. I just noticed a little washer that controls the throws :)