News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Unchained (Madbean Collosalus)

Started by Matt, September 03, 2013, 12:36:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt

Just finished this one today.  A Madbean Collosalus.  I'm running out of name ideas, so I just went for the VH reference.  I don't know if he was even still using the MXR at that point but I went with it anyway.   ;D  had a close call with Q4, had to bend it flat to clear the output jack, oops!
Matt

jimilee

How do it sound? Looks very industrial.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Matt

Sounds great, very jet-like.  It's a keeper for sure.

Their is an ever-so-slight noise in the back ground, but I think that's from my power supply.  (Its a boss psa120 that I've used to test all my builds and I think somehow I killed it.   It doesn't like choruses or flangers). Anyway I have 4x4 that I'm going to use when I get my pedalboard put together.  Hopefully that will take care of it.
Matt

jimilee

Quote from: Dc10 on September 03, 2013, 01:27:00 AM
Sounds great, very jet-like.  It's a keeper for sure.

Their is an ever-so-slight noise in the back ground, but I think that's from my power supply.  (Its a boss psa120 that I've used to test all my builds and I think somehow I killed it.   It doesn't like choruses or flangers). Anyway I have 4x4 that I'm going to use when I get my pedalboard put together.  Hopefully that will take care of it.
I've killed a couple of power supplies testing pedals. I'm glad I'm not the only one. They hate phasers too,terrible noises happen when they go bad. I plan on building on of these too. Been looking for that jet sound.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

spaceboss

That's righteous. Looks like it could be a control panel for a WWII era steel bomb-shelter door. Such a cool gritty aesthetic.

stevie1556

Absolutely love the rough look on the enclosure!

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk!

Matt

Funny thing is that my screw up caused it.  The enclosure was supposed to be orange and for a low rider I was building for a customer.  The clear coat kept cracking so I bought a powder coat enclosure for the low rider.  Luckily, the drill layout was the same.  I stripped this one down and was thinking about what color to paint it when I realized that I really liked the look so I just kept it. :D. So what you see is what's left of the primer coat
Matt