News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Uproar LED question

Started by fair.child, March 27, 2012, 02:59:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fair.child

Hey folks,

I have recently built Uproar Pedal. I have a question about my built. Why the Blue and Red LED are not lighted up ? I've done SDMB mods with 47pF and 10n caps at c2, it works perfectly, also the pedal are working, but not as like in the other Uproar demo. Sounds like an usual OD pedal, not high gain pedal, I mean about a lot of gains on it.

Please help me to figure out what happened to my built

I've double check the R1 and R5 value, also R13 and R14 value, they are in the correct value

Here some quick pictures

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Cheers all

oldhousescott

D8 appears to be inserted backwards. I'm curious why you chose a small signal diode instead of an LED for that position. The lower forward conduction voltage will prevent the LEDs from lighting.

fair.child

About diodes, here in my town, they just sell me 1n34a. It looks like small this one. I've got broke some of 1n34a when I went to built this pedal, and I'm afraid that I will crack down the 1n34a when I pull it over to the board.

I realized that I used SPST switch for my CLIP lugs, and I just handed DPDT switch ON/OFF/ON, is it possible to use it and make it into SPST ?

I searched over this forum about it but I couldn't find it, so please help me

Thanks in advance

cheers all

nimbleswitch

You could try removing R13 and replacing it with a jumper. That might drive the diodes a little harder. (?)
I've got one hand in my pocket, and the other one is waving a dildo.

Hangingmonkey

I find that the 2 red LEDs light up fine but the blue led doesnt.  I used diffues for the reds and a waterclear for the blue.  Im getting output from the pedal.  Ive done the pedal twice, once using my own self etched PCB and one that Keefe made for me.  Same results both times.  Im starting to wonder if the blue is supposed to light up.  Has anyone else had the blue light up?

nimbleswitch

Quote from: Hangingmonkey on June 15, 2012, 06:22:54 PMHas anyone else had the blue light up?

FWIW, my blue lights up.
I'll go back over my mouser orders and dig up the spec sheet on that LED if you're interested.
I've got one hand in my pocket, and the other one is waving a dildo.