News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mudbunny - tone bypass

Started by the3secondrule, December 26, 2010, 09:23:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the3secondrule

I've done the tone bypass on quite a few big muffs, and have come to the conclusion that I could quite happily build a two knob bigmuff, and just completely leave out the tone stack

If i was going to do this on a mudbunny board, it would seem to me that I could just leave out : c10, c11, r18, r19, and the tone pot, and jumper c10 and tone 2-3..

am I on the right track?
"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

stecykmi

seem good to me.

you could also very easily make this a switchable mod with a DPDT switch. tone stack on one side, bypassed  on the other.

eniacmike

I just tried this out and it works the way you described it. It sounds really ripping with TONS of sustain. I also used the creamy dreamer values so it's pretty ridiculous. damn near infinite.

the3secondrule

Quote from: eniacmike on February 04, 2011, 07:24:54 PM
I just tried this out and it works the way you described it. It sounds really ripping with TONS of sustain. I also used the creamy dreamer values so it's pretty ridiculous. damn near infinite.

good to know - i never ended up trying this. I built a violet rams head variant (5089's and tweaked C+E resistors for max gain) on a gruntbox board from caps n such, and just did the tone bypass switch. it still sounds pretty rippin'
"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"