News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

5 Ch Looper w/LED Bright Trim

Started by Roctopus, August 21, 2013, 06:27:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roctopus

So here is a 5 Channel True Bypass Looper I built. I also designed some 3PDT footswitch pcbs with a resistor and trim pot to control the individual brightness of each LED. It also make assembly and wiring a lot faster and easier :)

LaceSensor

alanp

Those little PCB's are very cunning for your looper application!
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Bret608

I agree, the execution here is very cool!

nmbb

Very cool! Specially those little pcb's who save lot of time!

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

Govmnt_Lacky

I have seen a LOT of these stomp mounted adapter boards and they ALL seem to have huge pads for the 3PDT lugs  ???

Is this a limitation of the fab houses? Why the need for the oversized holes?

jkokura

I think people are using stock parts that have been supplied for us by the Madbean or other Libraries. It's not a matter of needing them, it's just using what's available.

I think the original reason for big holes is because 3PDTs are potentially out of spec enough that if you make your holes too small, you potentially run the risk of having them not fit on a 3PDT. The tolerances are better with some suppliers, like Mammoth, so if you use those teal switches (as displayed here) you can probably go with tighter tolerances and smaller holes.

As for me, I've adjusted my library slightly, so the pads are a bit better for my personal boards, but that's just me.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

richard_mcg

Simply beautiful!!  :o Like everyone else said, the mini PCB are soooo cool! I want one!  ;D

wolfingsworth

One of the cleanest wiring jobs I've seen in a looper build. Good call with the trim pots too. Good show all around!

Roctopus

Thank you everyone for the encouragement. With a few design tweaks I think I can get the LED's to line up just right and use ribbon cable instead of individual strands of wire. Tweaking...always tweaking ;)

culturejam

Quote from: jkokura on August 21, 2013, 04:47:50 PM
I think the original reason for big holes is because 3PDTs are potentially out of spec enough that if you make your holes too small, you potentially run the risk of having them not fit on a 3PDT.

Yep. A little bit too big is much better than a little bit too small. ;)
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects