News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Couple of builds I forgot to post

Started by ncdb07, August 18, 2013, 12:57:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ncdb07

Some of you may remember the AMZ power supply I built. Here it is after a little laser etching by a buddy of mine at work.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

1776 reverb

Madbean Sea Urchin

Madbean Bloviator II minus knobs

ncdb07
Daniel
ncdb07
Daniel

ThePastRecedes

Wow! I really like the finish on the last pedal!
I build stuff for myself, sometimes I do 1 offs, I label them as HornBlende Audio.

hoodoo

They all look great mate, but the font on that deep blue delay is awesome, looks like the letters are hovering there, and once again i'm very jealous of those who have access to laser engravers, all the best, Matt.

alanp

"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

jprizz

Yes that font really adds depth, and quite appropriate for the Deep Blue Delay too! Those all look great.

Haberdasher

Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

jimilee

Man that Deep Blue Delay..How'd you do the art? And that power supply, it's all Smokey and the Bandit! I love it!
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

pickdropper

They all look great.  Is that a 1590bb on the AMZ power supply build?
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

lincolnic

The drop shadow on your Sea Urchin is a really nice touch. How did you do the finish on the Bloviator?

Vallhagen

Great enclosure work. The text on the Deep Blue one is about the most realistic 3D ive seen.
Yes i still have Blüe Monster pcb-s for sale!

...and checkout: https://moodysounds.se/

ncdb07

Appreciate the comments guys! 

The finish on the Bloviator is a complete mistake. I had some really nice artwork lined up. I was going to do it on a waterslide decal but decided at the last minute to try it on the laser engraver at work. The artwork at drop shadow applied to it. The engraver didn't know how to separate the drop shadow from the artwork so it became a huge blob. So to save the enclosure I had the machinist at work
put it on the manual mill and put those lines on it. Then we laser etched the name on it. I do intend on putting aluminum knobs on it.

The name of the font on the the deep blue delay is  Floydian. There is a drop shadow applied. The setting were 2 points on the X and Y offsets. It is set to multiply at 75% opacity with the blur set at 1 point. This and lots of coats of clear help the 3d font look.

The enclosure is a 1590BB on the power supply. In hindsight I wish I would have done a 1590B.

The gold color screamed for a Trans AM reference.

Hope this answers some questions and helps others to create some nice 3d fonts!

Thanks again!
ncdb07
Daniel
ncdb07
Daniel

hammerheadmusicman

The Thickener looks awesome, it almost looks like the front of the Suhr Riot!

George
I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..