News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Fuzz Factory and Giraffes Tongue

Started by jimilee, August 30, 2013, 02:46:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

Today I finished the Zombii Fuzz Factory clone for my guitar player. The wiring is absolute crap as I was in a hurry to get to rehearsal and running out of time. The effect sounds just like the videos you see on you tube, again I didn't have time to record audio. I'm not sure how this pedal is handy but it must be. The artwork was a google result and turned out famusly.

The Giraffes tongue is an engineers thumb from my box of fail that I sent away on the fail pail group that we started on BYOC. When the "pail" came to me, it was still bugging me that I couldn't get it working, so I did just that. Turns out it was just a bad wiring job. And speaking of bad wiring jobs, this one too is horrid as I was done with it before I ever started, I just couldn't let go of the fact that I didn't get ot working, and so I did. The picture is just some goofy picture I found. And now I have yet another compressor.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

pickdropper

Nice builds, Jimi.  The FF graphics look very familiar.  :-)
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

jimilee

Thanks. I couldn't think of anything clever to put on there, so I googled fuzz factory decal and that's what I found all perfectly laid out.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

murdog47

The compressor looks like Miley Cyrus  :D

fendman

Great job Jimi, love the Fuzz Factory...looks a happy pedal.

Guybrush

Good work all round!

Are you not a fan of the FF then?

I really like the one I built recently and was surprised how useable it is after all the negative reports I'd read.

jimilee

Quote from: Guybrush on September 02, 2013, 02:51:13 PM
Good work all round!

Are you not a fan of the FF then?

I really like the one I built recently and was surprised how useable it is after all the negative reports I'd read.
Well, as a bassist I really like the Green Russioan for fuzz. I don't see the point of it really other than it makes cool noises. My guitar player loves it though.It's a well done project, it sounds just like the videos of the original.