News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Making a Tutorial, moderator questions

Started by pryde, August 15, 2013, 01:30:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pryde

I thought it may be helpful to offer a tutorial here on the madbean forum for etching enclosures for those who are interested in trying it.

I took plenty of photos on my recent build to document the process and would share it here if ok. My question is what is the best way to post a tutorial here? Just create a new post with steps and photos (linked from imageshack)? It would be a pretty big post as there are about ~25 photos detailing the steps I use.

I would love to hear suggestions, including if anyone would actually find an etching tutorial useful. Thanks.

gtr2

While I'm not a mod, a downloadable PDF would be a nice way to do it.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

muddyfox

agreed. easier to archive for future reference and doesnt depend on image hoster going bananas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

croquet hoop

I find a documented thread easier to browse than a .pdf file (and the thread might be easier to find through a search), which in turn is great to archive the doc locally.

irmcdermott

I don't think that there is any "right" or "wrong" way to do it, but here is my suggestion/insights/pros/cons/$0.02:

- A photo-thread is great. The only issue there is if for some reason the photos go dead because they get moved, deleted, etc. Then we have a post with dead links to pictures.

- An attached PDF is also good, however, the is a 1Mb limit on files you can attach, so if it is very picture intensive, you may go above that limit.

- If it were me, I'd post pictures in a thread, create a PDF, and link that PDF using Dropbox or something. That way people who want to archive it can download it, and should the pictures in the thread ever disappear or Dropbox link ever go dead, someone would surely have downloaded the original PDF and could repost.

jkokura

An alternative is to do a video tutorial and upload it to YouTube. I seem to recall an Eagle series that was posted around here somewhere that used that method...

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

hammerheadmusicman

...and very useful it was too Jacob, Helped me a lot! Thank you :)

George
I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..

pryde

Hey folks,

I made a rough draft etching tutorial in pdf format. The file size ended up being 3 Mb so how could I go about posting/offering it up on the forum?

Haberdasher

Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS