News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

New Amp Day

Started by the3secondrule, July 26, 2013, 09:09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the3secondrule

it's been a long time coming, but I finally have my new amp, built by my buddy Richard (https://www.facebook.com/OrchardC?fref=ts)

The Orchard D150 - 150w bass head. Basically I wanted something that would have enough clean headroom to keep up with our (very loud) drummer, that I could dirty up when I needed to. a fairly vague brief, and this is what came back:

"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

DutchMF

Congrats, she's a beauty! Must weigh a ton though....

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

cooder

Looks like a grunty as badass backbreackin' beauty... just what you bassplayers out there deserve...! ;D
(toddles off and cranks his 3 watt single ended 6V6 lunchbox sized 'two stroke' amp...)
BigNoise Amplification

Haberdasher

dude that looks awesome
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

billstein

Those tubes in the back are awesome. I don't think I'd ever put the cover on. Just stare at those the whole time.

drezdn

That's a work of art.

the3secondrule

Thanks guys, I'm certainly very happy with it.
Richard gets pretty busy with amp builds and repairs, and I got mates rates on this one, so I didn't mind a bit of a wait to get it finished.

here's the review I posted on his FB page:
"Fired this puppy up at band practise on thursday night. suffice to say, it has headroom and volume to burn, I was running gain and vol about 10/11 o'clock, and it was plenty loud. sounds savage with the gain and depth cranked too, just a shame I need to have a clean tone some of the time, otherwise I'd be running the amp hot, and using the dirty tone all the time."

It's certainly not light, but it's getting paired with a 2x15" cab so I'm used to hauling heavy gear around

;D
"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

alanp

Wow, the Matamp is strong in the design! Looks nice, engraving, I take it?
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

raulduke

Wow really cool amp.

Like others have said; it has a real Matamp vibe to it.