News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The Breadbox

Started by pickdropper, July 21, 2013, 02:25:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neiloler

That's amazing! Brilliant idea!!!! Bah. I need to overhaul my proto board a ton.
OLERAudio - Sole proprietor, engineer, and goofball

wgc

I did something much kludgier in a messed up 1590a box, and for sure, this is really cool, Dave.

As for logistics of a kit, check out this link:

http://www.ponoko.com/make-and-sell/how-to-sell

Short story is they offer laser cutting services, but allow you to sell your designs through them, with various options for shipping, etc.

Might be worth doing a variety of options, ie pot rack, full kit, etc.

Hope it helps!
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

pickdropper

Quote from: wgc on July 22, 2013, 11:26:33 PM
I did something much kludgier in a messed up 1590a box, and for sure, this is really cool, Dave.

As for logistics of a kit, check out this link:

http://www.ponoko.com/make-and-sell/how-to-sell

Short story is they offer laser cutting services, but allow you to sell your designs through them, with various options for shipping, etc.

Might be worth doing a variety of options, ie pot rack, full kit, etc.

Hope it helps!

Thanks, I will check it out.  There are a few different laser cutting services online that could work.

Part of what needs to be worked out is how to get one side of the acrylic back filled with black paint before cutting and etching.  I know there are companies that do it, but finding it in low volume at a reasonable price is what I am looking for.

Straight laser cutting will work, but it looses the labeling.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

pickdropper

Man, that site is cool.  Spent a little while poking around it.  Really neat idea.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

mshuptar

Absolutely brilliant! Nice job!

wgc

Quote from: pickdropper on July 23, 2013, 12:27:19 PM
Man, that site is cool.  Spent a little while poking around it.  Really neat idea.

Yeah, I think it makes selling these low risk, no inventory, you can give away plans if you want, do as much or as little as you want. never heard anything bad about them fwiw.

They also offer "tinted" acrylic which could eliminate the need for paint if you get enough contrast by rasterized laser etch.

I don't think it will be cheap, but still probably worth it.
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings