Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Multi Pedal of Doom, opinions wanted..

Started by hammerheadmusicman, July 17, 2013, 05:51:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hammerheadmusicman

I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..

DutchMF

Nice, Hammerhead! Think I'll give that mod a try on my Smoothie. That one is actually supposed to go in a 4-in-1 multi fx box (Boost-Thunderpuss, switchable between first in line or last, OD-Egghead, with switchable clipping, Distortion+ with switchable clipping, fx loop for adding stuff, and last the Smoothie, which has just gained a switch for itself...) I'm planning, in a 1590DD. Should fit.....

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

hammerheadmusicman

That should be fine in that enclosure, the way i'm doing these mammoth beast, is to have two looper boxes - 1032l, bolted together, but so that it is two rows, but the back is going to be raised up, perhaps with thick rubber feet on the base maybe? So that the back row is a higher tier of pedals. and then i an have all of the sockets on the back of the first tier (in, ou, FX loops, tuner etc), with the lead coming out from underneath the second tier at the back, if that makes any sense at all?

Do let me know when you try that smoothie mod, as i'm not going to be able to for a couple of months, that's why i'm meticulously planning all this while i'm away!

midwayfair

There's a 1590a cardinal layout on PedalGeeks. You could use it for trem, kinda phaser, and kinda vibe (the center off switch version). It's all 1/8w resistors, though, and it's not as phasery as a real phaser. But it could save some space.

By the way, the depth pot mod on the smoothie would also give you vibe sounds. It's a little more versatile than the cap switch IMO.

DutchMF

Thanks Jon! Will research that right away, as it is too hot to do any building. But then again, in the shade, cold beer within range, laptop in front of me (for said research) and a big BBQ in the near future isn't bad either!!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

hammerheadmusicman

Quote from: midwayfair on July 21, 2013, 02:59:44 PM
There's a 1590a cardinal layout on PedalGeeks. You could use it for trem, kinda phaser, and kinda vibe (the center off switch version). It's all 1/8w resistors, though, and it's not as phasery as a real phaser. But it could save some space.

By the way, the depth pot mod on the smoothie would also give you vibe sounds. It's a little more versatile than the cap switch IMO.

Do you think it's worth having both mods, depth pot and cap switch? As i'ce not built the smoothie at all, i'm not sure.

EDIT: Also, where can i find info on the depth pot mod?

thanks

George

Stomptown

I actually have some phase 45's that I had fabbed that include the depth pot mod and PCB mounted pots. If you are interested in one I have some more that should be coming in this week. If you want to check out the board and a demo take a look at Jimilee's build report on the Galacticon...

hammerheadmusicman