News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Voxy Brown

Started by fendman, July 09, 2013, 06:21:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fendman

Built this up and boxed it a few weeks ago, but forgot to put it here, until Ian was asking for some Transistor Volts readings.

I wired the stomp switches different. Thats not saying Jubal's is wrong :)

Not a stand out and hit you pedal, but it sounds ok and with the boost its much better.

jubal81

Quote from: fendman on July 09, 2013, 06:21:06 PM
Not a stand out and hit you pedal, but it sounds ok and with the boost its much better.

It's the purple box. The color impedes the imperceptible harmoics.

Slick job! Viva le side pots!
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

selfdestroyer

QuoteNot a stand out and hit you pedal, but it sounds ok and with the boost its much better.

I can agree with this also.. kind of the reason I have not boxed mine up. I did find that it sounded 100X's better in my Bassman 135 than my Twin Reverb Reissue. In the twin is was very top heavy and piercing.

I might take your lead and mount mine the same. Looks great.

fendman

Hey guys, appreciate the comments :)

atreidesheir

QuoteNot a stand out and hit you pedal, but it sounds ok and with the boost its much better.

I can agree with this also.. kind of the reason I have not boxed mine up. I did find that it sounded 100X's better in my Bassman 135 than my Twin Reverb Reissue. In the twin is was very top heavy and piercing.

I might take your lead and mount mine the same. Looks great.
[/quote]
Quote from: selfdestroyer on July 09, 2013, 11:20:38 PM

My English Channel pedal sounds much better plugged into a PA than into a guitar amp.
Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

ch1naski

What's that you've done with the pots and vero ? Makeshift board mounts?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
one louder.

fendman

Quote from: ch1naski on July 11, 2013, 05:57:28 PM
What's that you've done with the pots and vero ? Makeshift board mounts?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Hi,
Yes,  I spent a little time getting this right and it works for me...it is also very neat.

The board mounted pots I can only get from USA and Germany so its quicker to do it this way,and

probably in the long run cheaper.

Thanks
Mike