News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Stage fright=OMG!!!!! Now with improved awesome sound!!!!!!

Started by jimilee, July 02, 2013, 05:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kothoma

Quote from: RobA on July 14, 2013, 01:00:16 PM
Quote from: kothoma on July 14, 2013, 12:39:21 PM
Throw in an envelope detector...
Yes, I think so. I wrote this AU http://musicunfolding.com/ottovibe.html a while ago and it's one of my favorite effects to use with guitar on the computer. I think I'd like to figure out how to do this using the StageFright as the modulation target now. It should be reasonably easy to do too. This CV port is going to be very slick, I think.
Cool, looking forward to hear a sound demo!

atreidesheir

strat -> octavia -> maestro phaser -> Direct Injection = Who's That Lady
Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

jimilee

Direct injection, who's that lady? What do those do?
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

RobA

Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

atreidesheir

Quote from: RobA on July 14, 2013, 02:11:34 PM
Quote from: jimilee on July 14, 2013, 01:36:12 PM
Direct injection, who's that lady? What do those do?
DI box? I'm guessing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1DDgNCLD84
This.  Ernie Isley plugged a strat into an octavia pedal, then a maestro phaser, straight into the recording console to get the "Who's That Lady" tone.  Some people think it was a Roland Jet Phaser.  They are incorrect according to the engineers of those sessions.  might work for bass too.
Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

icecycle66

Jimi, The Rub-a-dub sounds fine on bass. 

Here's my crap demo.  (Hopefully I'll be making decent demos someday soon.)
Like always, with reverb on bass, the lowest of the low end  gets a little twangy.  You can do some post reverb EQing to fix that though.

ch1naski

damn, not only does this make me want to build one, it makes me want to buy a bass  ( #$^%% - i'm short  one LM13700, and I just got three orders from tayda/mammoth/futurlec).

great clip, really shows off the depth of the circuit.
one louder.

jimilee

I think it's almost like a wah in voicing for sure. I believe that was my 5 string ergodyne bass, very deep clear sound
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

RobA

Quote from: atreidesheir on July 14, 2013, 09:28:09 PM
This.  Ernie Isley plugged a strat into an octavia pedal, then a maestro phaser, straight into the recording console to get the "Who's That Lady" tone.  Some people think it was a Roland Jet Phaser.  They are incorrect according to the engineers of those sessions.  might work for bass too.

Very cool sound too. I love the funk-psychedelic stuff.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

drezdn

icecycle66

Quote from: drezdn on July 15, 2013, 07:55:36 PM
Has anyone built a stage fright into a wah treadle?

I've thought about it.

Do you think the rate should be controlled by the treadle, or the wet/dry mix?

RobA

Quote from: icecycle66 on July 15, 2013, 10:13:23 PM

I've thought about it.

I'd do rate. And since there is that CV pad, you could hook up a second LFO that had other options for the foot controller, like sweep or sweep + rate. That way, the original circuit could still be in place and you could then use a toggle to go between the normal or expression control.

jimilee

Quote from: RobA on July 15, 2013, 10:27:17 PM
Quote from: icecycle66 on July 15, 2013, 10:13:23 PM

I've thought about it.

I'd do rate. And since there is that CV pad, you could hook up a second LFO that had other options for the foot controller, like sweep or sweep + rate. That way, the original circuit could still be in place and you could then use a toggle to go between the normal or expression control.
ooohhhh I want one of these!

RobA

Quote from: jimilee on July 15, 2013, 11:00:30 PM
... ooohhhh I want one of these!
Yeah, me too. I'm working on figuring out the voltage/current out of the LFO now. I don't want to blow up the OTA's and I do want to get the maximum sweep possible as a possibility. I'm mainly trying to figure out how to get whatever shape LFO I want into the OTA's at the right current levels.