News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

My Doombutter w/fuzz lift and feedback mods

Started by das234, July 14, 2013, 01:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

das234

For my fourth pedal, I went for a project with a lot more "stuff" and dubious musical usefulness.  I give you the Woozy Doozer.  It's a Doombutter etched by haberdasher with the fuzz lift and feedback mods. The guts are still a bit of a mess compared to the pedal masters out there but it's dripping with Doombutter wackiness.  Those of you with Doombutter experience know that the knobs are very dependent on each other; so I added the little arrows as a built in instruction manual to indicate what order to turn them.  It also adds to the visual wackiness.  I think I'll pick up some yellow knobs on my next order to finish it off.

icecycle66

This is very pleasant to look at.

How's it sound?

pickdropper

Nice build.

Reminds me of my childhood.  You don't see too many Fraggle Rock references around these days.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

das234

It sounded suitably wacky before I boxed it but I seem to have overheated the center pin on the 3PDT during boxing so I need to replace the switch.  I think this pedal has convinced me to start using one of the 3PDT PCBs to make wiring them up easier and more foolproof.  Probably should have bought some at the 1776 4th of July sale.

bigrigg

Fraggle Rock for the win!  And a little nod to my child in the WTF pedal build of the Doombutter.
Yes. Nice box.

slimtriggers

Great idea for the arrows in the graphic.

The finish kinda reminds me of Goober Jelly :)

das234

Quote from: bigrigg on July 18, 2013, 11:59:42 PM
Fraggle Rock for the win!  And a little nod to my child in the WTF pedal build of the Doombutter.
Yes. Nice box.

Big nod to the WTF!  I must have went back to your thread a dozen times while I was planning and building this thing.  It was a big help.

das234

Quote from: bigrigg on July 18, 2013, 11:59:42 PM
Yes. Nice box.

So, I had a bad switch, replaced it and added a shiny new 1776 3PDT board at the same time.  Now everything works like it did pre-boxing.  However, I have no feedback loop.  It seems like things are ok when I check with the MM but I only get 1 repeat regardless of the position of the repeat switch/knob.  Now I have to sort that out.  Any ideas?