News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Galacticon and Lord of the Kraken

Started by jimilee, July 18, 2013, 08:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gledison

Very nice work! How mant layers of clear coat did u use?
Cheers
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

jimilee

On the galacticin I used 5 and it was polyurethane and the kraken its an envirotext finish
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

fendman

Hey Jimi, very nice builds. Love the galacticon... and the  unmistakable Pink Floyd  in the demo:) I have the galacticon board from Stoptown and hearing your demo I must get it built .Like you I will get round to it at some point ::)

Thanks Jimi

Mike

jimilee

Quote from: fendman on July 20, 2013, 09:32:51 PM
Hey Jimi, very nice builds. Love the galacticon... and the  unmistakable Pink Floyd  in the demo:) I have the galacticon board from Stoptown and hearing your demo I must get it built .Like you I will get round to it at some point ::)

Thanks Jimi

Mike
thanka for the kind words. Funny I was just goofing around and threw the board together in just maybe 30 mins, kind of an unintentional build. I have so many boards at my dell right now, its kind of rediculous.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

slimtriggers

Nice builds, and I really appreciate the fact that you go the extra mile to provide demos for all your builds.   8)

ch1naski

Makes me want to pass up the many half-built PCBs on my bench and put my Galacticon together, too.

I told myself I was going to clear the bench of projects that weren't finished before starting new ones.
Must
Resist
Phaser
Temptation......

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
one louder.

Stomptown

Quote from: ch1naski on July 23, 2013, 04:23:58 AM

Must
Resist
Phaser
Temptation......

"If you build it, they will come!"  ;)

jimilee

Quote from: ch1naski on July 23, 2013, 04:23:58 AM
Makes me want to pass up the many half-built PCBs on my bench and put my Galacticon together, too.

I told myself I was going to clear the bench of projects that weren't finished before starting new ones.
Must
Resist
Phaser
Temptation......

the power of the phaser is too strong. C'mon, it won't take that long to throw it together......

mshuptar

Great enclosures and great sounds! I especially like the way the "swish" of the phase shifter sounds

jimilee

Quote from: slimtriggers on July 21, 2013, 04:41:01 AM
Nice builds, and I really appreciate the fact that you go the extra mile to provide demos for all your builds.   8)
Thanks man, I wish everyone would do that. i really helps decide if you want to buld one also. Not to mention then somebody sells more boards and then we all get new projects!

ch1naski

I bought a zoom HDQ2 just for doing demos, but the new job has been keeping me from practicing guitar, so it's kind of embarrassing to put that out there........
one louder.

jimilee

Quote from: ch1naski on July 23, 2013, 09:08:11 PM
I bought a zoom HDQ2 just for doing demos, but the new job has been keeping me from practicing guitar, so it's kind of embarrassing to put that out there........
I bought one recently also! And as far as the playing goes, did you hear mine? I am most definitely a bass player, so if your playing is worse than mine, you should switch to bass also.  ;D

ch1naski

Haha, bass is so inherently gratifying to play. I'd it weren't for the fact that I'd have to buy yet ANOTHER amp, I'd have a bass in the house.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
one louder.

jimilee

Shoot man, headphone amps are a great solution. Not as gratifying though.