News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

That feeling when...

Started by eldanko, July 10, 2013, 02:15:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eldanko

...you really want to post a new build report but can't bring yourself to do it because the knobs you ordered for it haven't arrived and it just wouldn't look right with something else on there.

Please tell me I'm not the only idiot who does this.
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

pickdropper

I've posted with the wrong knobs before, but I didn't like it.  Not one bit.  :-)
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

jimilee

Plenty of build reports where this is stated. Rock the hell out of it til the knobs come, that way you can post te mother of all audio clips!  :P
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

midwayfair

Wait, there are people who DON'T do this? :-\

eldanko

I'm tempted to post a "Development Thread" in this month's contest consisting of pictures of the pedal with various knob choices on it. You know, just so you guys can see my process.   ;)

billstein

I would love to see a development thread. I wanted to ask you before on your minion drive about how you did the artwork. Was it printed on photo paper and clear coated or enviro'd. Love to see your process.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

eldanko

Quote from: billstein on July 10, 2013, 03:34:34 PM
I would love to see a development thread. I wanted to ask you before on your minion drive about how you did the artwork. Was it printed on photo paper and clear coated or enviro'd. Love to see your process.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

I'm a pretty standard Illustrator -> waterslide -> enamel clearcoat kind of guy. Will probably move to enviro in a month or two, as I don't think I'll have a good place to do spraying in the apartment we're moving into.

I'll see if I can get a development thread up for the one I'm working on this month. If I can decide which build I actually want to post...

ch1naski

You are so not alone on this.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
one louder.

GrindCustoms

Knobs....i think it's the only thing that i could possibly hate about pedal building......i.e.:

-Allign them when there's too much...

-Lost one knob...in a set...

But there's always the Davies....for when you don't know..hahaha
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

eldanko

Quote from: GrindCustoms on July 12, 2013, 01:04:28 AM
But there's always the Davies....for when you don't know..hahaha

I always try to design my control layouts for Davies sized knobs, just in case  ;)

GermanCdn

I always try to order my knobs in sets of 40, so I don't run short.  Doesn't mean it doesn't happen, just mitigates it.  My particular least favourite thing about knobs is when I have to use a mix of solid shafts and split, and the knobbies just never seem to align properly.  Dear Tayda santa, please start stocking 25k pots, that's all I want for Christmas.....
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

juansolo

Quote from: pickdropper on July 10, 2013, 02:16:45 PM
I've posted with the wrong knobs before, but I didn't like it.  Not one bit.  :-)

Likewise. I've many builds that have got different knobs on to the ones in the pics...
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk