News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Madbean Pedals is like money in the bank;)Guitar related

Started by hoodoo, July 11, 2013, 01:46:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoodoo

;D That's what i tell the missus anyhow. As i explained to her, if i only spend half the money i saved by doing this myself, on PCB's and such, it's almost like making money, right? :D Here's my latest project, that i probably would not have attempted before i started this fantastic hobby. It was still a bit of a bitch to fit all that through that f-hole. Old Korean Epi Sheraton, played great, sound, not so much. Replaced all the electronics with quality bits, Gibson 57's, CTS pots, Sprague Caps, switchcraft jack and switch, gibson speed knobs. Huge improvement, sounds like a real one, now. Anyhow here she is, All the best, Matt.

alanp

Well done! Working on a 335 is not something I'd do willingly -- I'd pay my local luthier to do it for me.

Little tip I've heard for doing this, though -- tie fishing line to the old pots, jack, and switch before you take them out. Then you can use the fishing line to pull the new ones into place.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

eldanko

Quote from: alanp on July 11, 2013, 01:52:13 AM
Little tip I've heard for doing this, though -- tie fishing line to the old pots, jack, and switch before you take them out. Then you can use the fishing line to pull the new ones into place.

Must... remember this... later....
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

selfdestroyer

QuoteLittle tip I've heard for doing this, though -- tie fishing line to the old pots, jack, and switch before you take them out. Then you can use the fishing line to pull the new ones into place.

I can confirm how easy this makes it.. I did it with my Epi Riviera and it worked excellent.

hoodoo

Good advice with the fishing line. I actually used dental floss, and fished it out with a guitar string bent at the end, worked great also, except when the bit tied to the input jack broke and i had to try and get that washer back on whilst in the guitar cavity, fun times :P

Gledison

Looks great! how did u find the coating process? for me was the most difficult and annoying part!
cheers
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

GermanCdn

I 100% agree with your logic.  And the Sheraton's are gorgeous, I've got a Korean one as well which is going to be re-pup'd once I get around to it.  +1 on the fishing line, I've also seen it done with surgical tubing, but generally the holes aren't big enough to do that.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.