News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Retrograde Fuzz question

Started by tuffteef, January 13, 2013, 04:04:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tuffteef

Hey Guys,

So i built the retrograde and while i love it, the fuzz control seems to bunch right up at the end of the taper and when it does it pumps and compresses. i love the fuzz its like a gritty overdrive if i can get it drive even more id love it. So my question is, is this normal to the design? or have i used a wrong part

jkokura

It does sound like there may be an issue. I have not built the retrograde, but I'm fairly certain what you're describing should not be how the effect operates.

Have you run the common debugging steps? Checked your values and wiring?

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Jean-Rock

I got exactly the same problem. I checked/doublechecked/triplechecked everything, and I breadboarded the circuit and its exactly the same issue...... ?????

Anyone can help ??
Jonny Rock the "French Canadian"

Affiliation : Jonny Rock Gear

http://www.jonnyrockgear.com

jimilee

I've built 2 of these circuits and it doesn't pump so there is a definite issue. I'd start checking values and the diodes. Did everyone get there diodes in the same place? I've heard rumors of a bad batch from Tayda. Or rather more failures than successes. That's where I got mine for the first build fwiw.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Jean-Rock

That's a weird issue ! I've built 2 of them too, and they worked perfectly. I used the same diode batch....

Values and diodes checked 2,3,4 times....at least !!

It sounds like a cap issue....(bad charging/disgarging current). I can't palm muting and it suffer of a lack of sustain (sounds like a popcorn when the note is dying).....Otherwise, when I keep playing constantly it's geat and it works....

Here's what I did :
Jonny Rock the "French Canadian"

Affiliation : Jonny Rock Gear

http://www.jonnyrockgear.com