News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

omitting the charge pump on the Kingslayer

Started by MarkL, June 17, 2013, 09:28:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkL

I am having trouble sourcing the proper Max1044scpa or TC1044scpa charge pumps for this project.  Is there a way to effectively omit the use of the charge pump and still have the circuit work (though I know this will affect headroom)?

midwayfair

Ground is the bias voltage for the op amps (rather than 4.5v virtual ground, so you might run into problems. Where are you located? Tayda ships all over the world and sells the 1044.

LaceSensor

Quote from: midwayfair on June 17, 2013, 11:37:09 PM
Ground is the bias voltage for the op amps (rather than 4.5v virtual ground, so you might run into problems. Where are you located? Tayda ships all over the world and sells the 1044.

Its the S thats important
Tayda only has the CPA, not SCPA version to my knowledge

madbean

Actually, the MAX chip has no "S" designation it turns out. So, your choices are the MAX1044CPA, TC1044SCPA or ICL7660SCPA.

Scruffie

Quote from: LaceSensor on June 19, 2013, 03:05:44 PM
Quote from: midwayfair on June 17, 2013, 11:37:09 PM

Its the S thats important
Tayda only has the CPA, not SCPA version to my knowledge

Are you sure that's true of the MAX? Thought it only applied to the 7660.

edit, beaten by bean by a second.
Works at Lectric-FX

RobA

I haven't actually tried the MAX1044CPA yet, but the spec sheet says it has a frequency of 5kHz with a boost of 6 times. That should work. In fact, it would make it better than any of the other 1044SCPA types I've tested. I've just added couple to my Tayda cart waiting for the next order.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rockā€¢it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

LaceSensor

talking rubbish again as usual. sorry gang. My mistake. I have a load of max chips never used cos they just said CPA and I figured theyd be unusable. Score me, and my ignorance (!)