News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Always use protection...

Started by soldersqueeze, June 16, 2013, 03:52:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soldersqueeze

... or your knobs could come off  :o

I'm playing in a band and singing these days, and my pedalboard looks a lot more crowded now I'm playing standing up and trying to reach a microphone at the same time. Trying to stomp pedals on and off is hit and miss and I worry about knocking settings or destroying pots with my size 13 feet. So without further ado, I present my new layout prototype- this is a Glitterattii.

The board was originally part of a three-board multi that Haberdasher etched for me, but when that project was cancelled I cut out the three boards for separate pedals- hence the shoddy edges. Rest assured, any boards bought from The Dude arrive looking perfect, and this was a joy to build.
The box is a BB, the protective bar is a cupboard handle (96mm mounting hole spacing), the pots are 12mm but you could fit 16mm into the same layout.
The Glitterattii is built using the bass cap substitutions recommended in the build doc, a JRC4558D and OA126 diodes. Sounds a bit loose on my guitar, and epic on my bass. This thing is a beast, and a pedal I wish I'd had for years- so many of my gigs could have been improved with it when I was playing bass.
Now, however, I play guitar. So this is either a present to the bass player in my new band, or another pedal for the drawer :D

One question though- the volume control on this is 100KB, and it hits unity at about 9 o'clock and end-of-the-world-loud at 11 o'clock. Would swapping the 100KB for 100KA sort this, or would a value change be in order as well? Any advice much appreciated.

jprizz

Brilliant! Not that knob protection hasn't been done before but... I love it when people find creative solutions - and this is one of them.

midwayfair

You can pretend that they're tubes!