News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mike's Mayhem Machine & a MDMA Drive Mini

Started by Guitarmageddon, February 16, 2014, 05:29:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guitarmageddon

Mayhem Machine
True bypass looper with a Feedback loop.
Literally endless fun.  ;)

MDMA Mini
Highly recommended.

Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

m-Kresol

They both look really nice, especially the second one. You gotta love 1590A builds crammed up with awesome effects.
Is the first one a A/B switch kind of looper or a record/play kind of looper. since I don't see a pcb in there it should be the first, but from your text I'd think it's the other one. Also, I don't get what the feedback knob would do with the first. Officially confused :)
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Guitarmageddon

It's a true bypass looper, enabling you to activate several effects at once, keep noisy or tone sucking effects out of your signal path, or just keep your signal path short.
The second switch activates a feedback loop, literally feeding the output back into the input. Depending on the effects in the loop, it can work like a resonance control with phasers or flangers or create oscillation with dirt boxes. The oscillation is tuneable with your guitar tone and volume controls and the pot on the pedal.
Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

m-Kresol

Thanks for the explanation. Now that you explained it, I feel like I should have known in the first place..

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol

pickdropper

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

jimilee

Man, that 1590a is tight, I'm taking that hardware layout!
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

selfdestroyer

Cod man, you willing to share your drill template for this? I am very impressed with how perfect it all lays out.

Cody

hoodoo

Very nice as always mate, that feedback looper is something i think i need to look into more  :)

stevie1556

They look great!  Love the looper!

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk!

Guitarmageddon

Quote from: selfdestroyer on February 17, 2014, 05:06:40 AM
Cod man, you willing to share your drill template for this? I am very impressed with how perfect it all lays out.

Cody
Well, to tell you the truth, I have none.
I just lay them out free-hand, each and every enclosure I've drilled. I first line the parts up on the boxes, eyeball a bit, then put drill marks on with a sharpie...
Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

m-Kresol

Quote from: Guitarmageddon on February 17, 2014, 01:22:22 PM
Quote from: selfdestroyer on February 17, 2014, 05:06:40 AM

Cody
Well, to tell you the truth, I have none.
I just lay them out free-hand, each and every enclosure I've drilled. I first line the parts up on the boxes, eyeball a bit, then put drill marks on with a sharpie...

That's quite impressive actually. I can't even drill lined up with a template...

Jabulani Jonny

16mm pots and standard jacks in a 1590a!?  I shudder to think...
Jonathan

Guitarmageddon

Must be that Aussie do what you can with what you got thing... ;D
A pair of 16mm fit side by side... just, not with those dust caps on tho. If you drill the shaft holes a mil or so oversize, you get the wriggle room required.
I prefer open frame jacks too. Placing the jacks high, with the board below, adds fuel to the 1590A Hater complaint of "Oh Dude, they're just so unstable when I jump on them."
Though I'll concede this happily for the super complex MB projects. ;)
The other well worn one; " it's just too small for my size (insert exaggerated penile dimension compensary shoe size) feet ...well, the stomp switch is the same, be it a 1590DDD or a 1590A. :)
Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com