News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Discover new music! Incredible band alert - KAMCHATKA

Started by Cortexturizer, June 11, 2013, 11:53:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cortexturizer

That feeling when you love a band so much that you are willing to plow through circuit discussions to bring it to everyones attention and slightly derail a forum that's meant to be about circuits. If it weren't for the fantastic guitar tone here guys, I wouldn't do it, honestly. Thank you for trying them out.

Kamchatka are a blues rock power trio from Sweden. They are making some of the best music in the genre that I've heard in a long long time. Their music is really well thought trough in terms of song structures, so layered for blues rock compositions, and feature great soulful voices of both bass and guitar players. The thing that could interest us guitar players, seekers of tone, is also there - Thomas has incredible TONE! Not just that his tone is absolutely mind blowing, his playing is as well. I have never heard a guitarist with a better sense of time, he is like a machine, always locked within the groove. His phrasing is so good and clean for a blues rock guitarist, it is crazy I tellZ ya. He has been endorsed by Ibanez guitars, so that tells me that I am not the only one that thinks so. His signature guitar is called the Beard Bender - now that is awesome. Here's some pictures of it, and Thomas as well

Wicked huh?

Although they can smash the living hell of those instruments and display a fierce blues rock experience, what I like the most about this guys is the EMOTION and SOUL within their singing, playing, especially the lyrics. A certain HONESTY in their whole approach that's lost with so many bands the moment they step in front of the audience. Not the case with these guys. If you take the time to listen carefully to the bands performance of their song "No" [provided below] take a good look at the band, Thomas especially. He is out there. Way out there. The passion in his playing inspires me so much. That song has it all. I am particularly fond of that silent intermezzo before the main verse comes back, it was played with so much soul. And that almost imperceptible jump at the end of the song Thomas does with his body just proves how much of himself he gives to the music.

I am sorry if I made this badn introduction too boring guys, but this band blew my mind to considerable degree. I am coming from a jazz/fusion background and before discovering this band I have never really been attached to the blues rock genre, and although I have listened to all the greats within the that genre, I must say that there is hope still. Kamchatka is the proof of that, at least for me it is.

This is not a honeymoon opinion. I have discovered this band two years ago. They are still golden and their albums will never leave my mp3 player. Here's why:

and in the end -

I hope you will enjoy this. Cheers people!
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

GhostofJohnToad

Not too bad! I could see listening to them some more.  listened to a bit on YouTube.  Similar in vein to Clutch, Graveyard, etc.  Watching a couple live videos It's obvious they are loving what they're doing.

Cortexturizer

Quote from: GhostofJohnToad on June 11, 2013, 12:47:30 PM
Not too bad! I could see listening to them some more.  listened to a bit on YouTube.  Similar in vein to Clutch, Graveyard, etc.  Watching a couple live videos It's obvious they are loving what they're doing.
Heh thank you for giving them a chance :) Still, I don't see any parallels with Clutch [that I also love] hehe, really, I was surprised you wrote that heh. Nevermind, cheers and listen some more, they will grow on you!
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

pryde

Thanks for sharing,
I will add them to my collection. I like what I'm hearing

Beard Rock Rules  ;D

selfdestroyer

alanp

Kinda reminds me of Kirk Windstein.

Not a bad listen.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett