News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Funky Grizzly Envelope Filter - Nautilus build

Started by eldanko, June 11, 2013, 06:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eldanko

I just realized that I posted this in the May contest forum but not here in the Build Reports. So, for those of you who haven't seen it.... meet the Funky Grizzly.

Straight up Nautilus build with VTL5C3 optos. Sounds bloody fantastic. The enclosure is penny vein from PPP. I designed the artwork (hat tip to the Oatmeal... again) and had our ever-so-talented Haberdasher do the etching on the control plate. It came out even better than I could have hoped!

I've been gigging with this in my funk/soul cover band and it's an absolute blast. Filters are the best. There's a demo below the pictures. Congrats to glowsheep for correctly identifying the tune in the video!

www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

glowsheep

I guess not a lot of Living Colour fans saw that video, Love Rears It's Ugly Head was one of my favorite songs of that album

eldanko

WE HAVE A WINNER  ;D

PM'ing you. Love that tune.

Haberdasher

Haha, that looks great man
Good funky playing too
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

eldanko

raulduke

Holy sh*t!

That is a really neat looking build dude  :o

Bret608

Dang, it was driving me crazy trying to identify that song! I loved Living Colour when I was a teenager in the 80s. So often I have songs from a million years ago on the tip of my tongue and I can never name it again unless I happen to hear the song.

This looks great, of course. I don't know if this kind of pedal is "my" sound per se, but it sure as hell looks like fun!