News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Aleph Null Peacock Parallel Fuzz

Started by gordo, October 03, 2024, 12:19:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordo

I really enjoyed the progress on this project and when boards became available I pounced.  This is the first board I've built up in my insanely limited home space now that I'm an urban condo dweller.  That said, it's forced me to spend a bunch more time on building since I don't have all my stuff at arm's reach and appreciate the time a lot more.

Once I get this thing finished up I'll get more into detail, but initial impressions are what I liked about the demo's I heard.  The parallel concept is really slick with two differently voiced fuzzes.  I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often with any effects but I suppose that's the entire concept of things like the Klein Bottle from VFE and suddenly it makes more sense as well.

Anyway I'll update this as I go and try to get a few sound samples of my own in.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Aleph Null

Woohoo! I'm excited to see one of these in the wild! I have questions, but I'll hold off until after your final report.  ;D

jessenator

Woohoo. I dunno how I missed this.

Nice work!

As you saw, I'm getting on with it and looking forward to jamming.
[NOBODY CARED ABOUT THAT]

satchmo1991

Beautiful! Very clean layout and build.

gordo

Not going to win any awards for ripping off someone else's graphics but I kinda dig this.  My other board will get more of a channelized with labels approach but this one is the personal stash.

Let this one dry and shoot it with clear.  Not sure I'll get back into the shop with the Chicago Marathon going on this weekend but looking forward to getting this thing buttoned up.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Aleph Null

Quote from: gordo on October 08, 2024, 10:13:42 PMNot going to win any awards for ripping off someone else's graphics but I kinda dig this.

"Lesser artists borrow, great artists steal."
Igor Stravinsky Me, just now.

It looks great! Brown on powder blue looks much classier than I would have imagined.