News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

So.... My life still sucks

Started by verr76, September 29, 2024, 09:01:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

verr76

Hello people ... Never mind my whining hahaha.  :P
I had a go at the "EHX" Lizard Queen. Just added an input pot to simulate guitar volume roll off.
Laser etch. And all (the little) I know about pcb design is thanks to storyboardist's eagle tutorial, so thanks again mate.
BTW .... Should I give Fusion 360 a go or what other cad has the fastest learning curve coming from Eagle?
You cannot view this attachment.
Hobbyist builder/seller at FPFFX.

satchmo1991

Looks great, dude! Nice and clean.

jimilee

Killer. The I put pot sounds like a great idea. Where does it sit within the circuit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jessenator

Very nicely done! That laser work is clean —do you still have your 10W? I've thought about upgrading, just so I can work faster.

And nice work with the pcb layout, too!
[NOBODY CARED ABOUT THAT]

Jay

Quote from: verr76 on September 29, 2024, 09:01:25 AMHello people ... Never mind my whining hahaha.  :P
I had a go at the "EHX" Lizard Queen. Just added an input pot to simulate guitar volume roll off.
Laser etch. And all (the little) I know about pcb design is thanks to storyboardist's eagle tutorial, so thanks again mate.
BTW .... Should I give Fusion 360 a go or what other cad has the fastest learning curve coming from Eagle?
I'm giving kicad a go. And the learning curve is strong. If you give fusion a go let me know. I just hate the idea of a subscription service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

verr76

Quote from: jimilee on September 29, 2024, 02:17:29 PMKiller. The I put pot sounds like a great idea. Where does it sit within the circuit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right at the begining of the circuit, but after the pull down resistor.. now that you mention ... pull down is in parallel with 1 and 3 of the In pot hehehe.... but hey .... it does it's thing.

Quote from: jessenator on September 29, 2024, 04:29:46 PMVery nicely done! That laser work is clean —do you still have your 10W? I've thought about upgrading, just so I can work faster.

And nice work with the pcb layout, too!

mmm ... never had my own engraver... maybe your confusing me with someone else ... I did previously post a laser engraved Echonaut, but both jobs where done in local printing shops.
What I can say is that these etches were made with either CO2 or fiber lasers .. 50-100 W.. not sure. 10 W would be diode laser me thinks (you can confirm?)

Quote from: Jay on September 29, 2024, 06:44:15 PMI'm giving kicad a go. And the learning curve is strong. If you give fusion a go let me know. I just hate the idea of a subscription service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I've sort of started with the free version of Fusion, just figuring out how to import, libraries, etc... haven't done anything new or edit yet.
Hobbyist builder/seller at FPFFX.