News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

2024 outlook

Started by madbean, January 23, 2024, 01:53:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

djaaz

Hi Brian,

Any chance you'll be offering the VFE switch PIC some time soon?

madbean

Quote from: Micpoc on July 01, 2024, 07:18:39 PMCool. Assuming most of the values are carrying over from the earlier Harbinger (are they?), what are the values of the two new trimmers (DTIME and BRITE)? Probably placing a Tayda order this week and and want to have them in stock when the board gets released.

It's a bit too soon to give you the BOM. I'm still prototyping. The first version was built a few months ago and I've got what I believe are the needed changes but I need to be sure first. For sure of one thing - all the 1uF film coupling caps are now electrolytic like the original Univibe. This was necessary to get it all to fit in the layout. Hendrix didn't mind, so I guess I don't either.

madbean

Quote from: djaaz on July 03, 2024, 09:24:45 PMHi Brian,

Any chance you'll be offering the VFE switch PIC some time soon?

Yes, once I get this batch released (probably Monday) I will get my next batch orders placed. That includes restocking the VFE PIC for individual purchase (and all the VFE projects as well). I worked it out with Peter so I don't have to get them from him anymore. I can go direct to Microchip.

IOW, it's taken a while but I have a solid plan to have the store fully re-stocked by the end of August and all the mbp projects updated to their 2024 versions. PLus more new projects.

madbean

Quote from: BricksnBeatles on July 01, 2024, 03:24:53 PMHow's that microsynth looking? ;)

I've taken a long time with it. Actually, just a week ago I found two mistakes (one critical) in my schematic. I will get the next prototype ordered and built in August. So, maybe September?

I might have shown this already but this is what we're looking at (for the 1790 enclosure). I have to change the bypass I/O to work with the new bypass boards but I think it is otherwise ready now.

You cannot view this attachment.

Micpoc

Quote from: madbean on July 03, 2024, 11:49:44 PMIt's a bit too soon to give you the BOM. I'm still prototyping. The first version was built a few months ago and I've got what I believe are the needed changes but I need to be sure first. For sure of one thing - all the 1uF film coupling caps are now electrolytic like the original Univibe. This was necessary to get it all to fit in the layout. Hendrix didn't mind, so I guess I don't either.

Have you ever been to Electrolytic Land?

jwin615

Brian, I know you plate is extremely full. But if there were to be a stripped down micro synth that was just the square wave and resonance, I think it would be kind of a big deal. I won't pretend to know the architecture of the circuit or if it's even possible but yeah. That would be awesome. Just saying.

madbean

Quote from: jwin615 on July 06, 2024, 02:42:55 AMBrian, I know you plate is extremely full. But if there were to be a stripped down micro synth that was just the square wave and resonance, I think it would be kind of a big deal. I won't pretend to know the architecture of the circuit or if it's even possible but yeah. That would be awesome. Just saying.

That's actually a lot of the circuit, so I don't think it would be practical. I have prototyped a 1590B version of just the sub-otave portion of the Microsynth b/c I thought it would be an awesome project. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to figure out why it is not working. I did convert it from +/- power to single ended, so that might have something to do with it.

BricksnBeatles

Quote from: madbean on July 07, 2024, 12:05:26 AM
Quote from: jwin615 on July 06, 2024, 02:42:55 AMBrian, I know you plate is extremely full. But if there were to be a stripped down micro synth that was just the square wave and resonance, I think it would be kind of a big deal. I won't pretend to know the architecture of the circuit or if it's even possible but yeah. That would be awesome. Just saying.

That's actually a lot of the circuit, so I don't think it would be practical. I have prototyped a 1590B version of just the sub-otave portion of the Microsynth b/c I thought it would be an awesome project. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to figure out why it is not working. I did convert it from +/- power to single ended, so that might have something to do with it.
If you happen to revisit this stripped back version and have to start the layout from scratch for whatever reason, I think it would definitely be well worth it to add the upper octave too if possible. Would be an awesome alternative to the Pearl oc-7 (which iirc you're also planning to bring back your board for at some point)

madbean

New update: it's going to be several more days before this restock batch comes out. I'm currently updating the project docs but it's like 15 of them so it's taking a long time. I must be insane to think I am going to update every single project this year. But, I'm going to do it somehow.

jwin615

Quote from: madbean on July 11, 2024, 11:55:46 PMNew update: it's going to be several more days before this restock batch comes out. I'm currently updating the project docs but it's like 15 of them so it's taking a long time. I must be insane to think I am going to update every single project this year. But, I'm going to do it somehow.
I mean, you could always just put "Build documentation coming soon..." 😂

madbean

Quote from: jwin615 on July 12, 2024, 03:51:36 AMI mean, you could always just put "Build documentation coming soon..." 😂

Lol. I will say I think between the two of us Kevin and I have set a pretty decent standard over the years. With a lot of help and feedback from builders. Always room to do better.

mr coffee

Hi Brian,
The shop says, "Restocks coming the end of June".

I've been wanting to order the Oracle and Trash Compactor PCBs in particular, as well as some others.

Since the end of June has passed now, I'm trying to figure out whether those PCBs are "sold out" for good, or if they are ordered and just coming later than expected?

Know your really busy, but could you clarify?

Thanks for all you do.

jwin615

@mr coffee, both previously discussed in this thread. I'm sure you'll see them soon-ish.
Not Amazon soon. Maybe more like Oregon Trail soon. But soon.
Quote from: mr coffee on July 13, 2024, 09:48:25 AMHi Brian,
The shop says, "Restocks coming the end of June".

I've been wanting to order the Oracle and Trash Compactor PCBs in particular, as well as some others.

Since the end of June has passed now, I'm trying to figure out whether those PCBs are "sold out" for good, or if they are ordered and just coming later than expected?

Know your really busy, but could you clarify?

Thanks for all you do.

Quote from: madbean on May 01, 2024, 11:08:31 PM
Quote from: karter2000 on April 29, 2024, 04:50:15 PMSorry if I missed this somewhere, but are the Trash Compactor and Mysterioso coming back?

Yes. The Trash Compactor will be moved to the Standard Series but it's just a small layout adjustment from the initial version. I might be able to do that this month. The Mysterioso will come probably in June and I think there will also be a single channel version in the Standard Series as well.

Quote from: madbean on June 20, 2024, 11:48:58 PM
Quote from: jessenator on June 20, 2024, 05:24:08 PMNice! Is the 3080conv an adapter board for a LM13700?

Any estimate on the Oracle?

Thanks!

It's for the HoneyDripper. So, you can use either two 3080 or a single 13700. It will be included with the HD purchase.

I can add the Oracle to the next order. If anyone has requests list them here and I'll do my best to add them first.

madbean

Here's the entire re-stock timeline:

~July 17th
BurlyBear
Charlatan
Collosalus
Current Lover
Fraudhacker
HoneyDripper
Kezurokai
Kingmaker
NomNom
StageFright
Tone Virus
Trash Compactor
Wavelord

2nd week of August:
Blue Steel
Cliffhager
Florist
Glasshole
Kompromat
Mysterioso
Oracle
Polytrog
RoughCut
Touchstone
Prognosticator
All VFE projects

1st week of Sept:
Aquababy
Batwing
BoomBoom
Edgelord
GasTank
Headtrip
JunkTrunk
PorkBarrel
Promenade
Retrograde
SludgeHammer
Skoolie
Tourbus

There's probably a few missing from the list so they'll be added to Aug. or Sept or I'll do another round late Sept (which is probably when the new store will be done and more new projects will start coming out). Once everything is back in stock they will stay that way.

mr coffee