• Welcome to madbeanpedals::forum.

News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu
Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - jessenator

#1
Quote from: greysun on October 10, 2026, 07:04:38 PMBeautiful suggestion and already done - just a couple dabs in select spots to make me feel better about my life choices.
Nice! I've built the EffectsLayouts Sonorous a while back, and I have yet to finish building AlephNull's Troglodyte.

It's handy to have some extra bit of that and stick it wherever you want in the signal chain.
#2
Build Reports / Re: Springboard springs to life…
October 10, 2026, 04:04:12 AM
Nice!

Quote from: greysun on October 09, 2026, 10:35:12 PMI wasn't (and am still not) convinced my leaf sockets are strong enough to hold that brick for the long haul, so i added some padding to the base to kind of hold it in there. I think the leaf sockets are brilliant, I just think mine are cheap lol.
Never tried socketing a Belton Brick before. I know some find it tacky (ha), but a bit of hot glue wouldn't go amiss in there, too.

Got any sound clips you'd be willing to share?
#3
Build Reports / Re: Original Gaspedals Dumbbell
October 06, 2026, 12:05:05 AM
Cool. Thanks for that!
#4
Build Reports / Re: Original Gaspedals Dumbbell
October 05, 2026, 04:57:15 AM
I know I've already spammed this thread, but I'm curious how the original compares component wise to the two knob version. Robert did a trace of that version, called the Counterweight. Here's the schematic of that one. I'm planning on working up drawing up a schematic of the vero layout of I've got time, but wondered if you had thoughts.
#5
Build Reports / Re: Electric Mistress Pedal Flanger
October 03, 2026, 12:03:03 AM
That's super slick in that wah/vol enclosure. Nicely done.
#6
Regarding the 1/4W resistors, shouldn't be an issue as long as the leads or solder joints don't cross any adjacent parts/connections. IMO it can definitely look pretty :) tons of old classic pedals did this—even full vertical—with resistors, diodes, you name it. As long as you have the vertical real estate, it's no biggie.

You cannot view this attachment.
#7
Oh I'm not the OP, sorry. Looks like they were on in May. Might be worth a DM to get more info.
#8
Build Reports / Re: Cremulator — All Mosfet Tone Bender
September 05, 2026, 05:00:28 AM
Fantastic as always.

The tone shaping between mids and tilt has this prickly octavey tone that I haven't gotten out of a muff. then you can, like you said, pull it back into muffly territory. Now I just have to riff on that MOSmuff you got me musing about.
#9
That's the one.
#10
Open Discussion / Re: Let's play a game!
September 01, 2026, 03:52:54 AM
Alright.

Apart from playing silly games, what we gon' do to get it going again?
#11
Open Discussion / Re: Let's play a game!
August 28, 2026, 10:13:06 PM
I think the heart of the matter on migrating to Xenforo was the preservation of the collective knowledge base of the last 15+ years. Other than that, XF is a no-brainer.

However, with the current situation I think there's a caching problem after the crash a few years ago. Sometimes logging in on mobile fixes it. I've had fewer of these identity crises on mobile, anyway. But I'm not a programmer, just a designer who felt more at home among the front-end guys.
#12
Open Discussion / Re: Let's play a game!
August 26, 2026, 02:30:46 PM
Llama out of water...?

Polo 'd the alpaca wool over my my eyes
#13
Open Discussion / Re: Let's play a game!
August 22, 2026, 03:38:15 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, this is Marco number 5...
#14
Open Discussion / Re: Let's play a game!
August 21, 2026, 03:46:48 AM
Ralph Lauren! 

I mean, Polo!
#15
Open Discussion / Re: Let's play a game!
August 18, 2026, 01:35:24 AM
Quote from: lars on August 16, 2026, 11:50:37 PMSounds like it's time to add more whiskey to the Coke.
Gotta pass. Booze and brain pills don't mix good.


Poe Lowe!