News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Alice 3

Started by juansolo, April 01, 2012, 03:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

Well it has a bit of Madbean content. This is my old Elunium PU36 Explosive Space Modulator (Ugly Face + LFO) combined with my old Tremble Oh! (MB Double Flush) and a Rebote.

This is also the last one of these I'm making as they're a royal PITA to build. Had to have one for me though (other two were for other peeps).

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

gtr2

I'm seeing double...  ;)

awesome as usual!

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

pryde

You kidding me, that is insane  :o

The graphic is super cool. How do you do your graphics? Looks so smooth and nice.

Sigesmundninja

Always with those super-graphics! very inspiring!

DutchMF

Wow! Monster enclosure, very cool graphics, 4-in-1....... I'm amazed! I'm gonna try and trace all those wires if I can find the time. Very well done!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

juansolo

The LFO stomp is wired quite differently to the other 3 as it's a daughter board to the UF.

This enclosure is actually much smaller than the other two I used (half height vs the originals) and that made it a little bit of a challenge! Especially as the Double Flush is bigger than an EA Trem. It's much choppier though and much more effective. Vol pot has been replaced with a trimmer setting it to unity as I only had space for 3 pots on the front.

The decals are done slightly differently to how we used to do them. We still use the same transparent adhesive decals, but they're coated in Envirotex now rather than lacquer. It's much more durable, but it also doesn't stick as well to the ink on the decals so you have to be really careful how you drill/cut them. It's a bit convoluted, but we've about got the technique nailed now. It's essentially:

- Paper template
- Mark & drill
- Apply decal (including the rubbing bit as before), do not cut out the holes as it'll get flow marks in the finish
- Envirotex
- Re-drill/cut the Envirotex. It's a little flexible so you have to be really careful. Score the decal from underneath and then drill from the top. You can go as far as a stomp sized hole before it becomes too difficult to stop it lifting. Hence we still do valve pedals the old way.

nzCdog

Thats such a great graphic... good to know it'll be on your board now too ;)
Don't know if I'll ever try one of these sort of DD builds, but it sure looks handy from a realestate perspective... nice job mate :)

juansolo

I was planning on doing a full on usable multi-effect (this is really a noise machine, brilliant how all the parts interact with each other) using the baby boards. I was going to use this sized enclosure and put 5 in there but I think it'd be unstompable. Even off-setting the stomps. I think I'll either have to stick with 4 or go for an even bigger enclosure. In theory anyhow. 4 would limit me to delay, phaser, distortion and fuzz. Wouldn't mind getting a couple of others on there...

marmaliser

I love this :) .  Those are really neat vero builds...fantastic

juansolo

Quote from: marmaliser on April 01, 2012, 07:27:40 PM
I love this :) .  Those are really neat vero builds...fantastic

Taa, the 2 on the left are two of my oldest builds, the one on the right the newest!