News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

My Weener has a Whipple and I call it a Waffle.

Started by JakeFuzz, January 24, 2012, 03:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JakeFuzz

Finished this last night. Got an old Vox V847 for $20. Refinished the bottom in hammertone verde green. Etched a faceplate for it too. External frequency pot. Uses two 2n2925's that Tim hooked it up with; they have gain of about 200. Haven't been able to test it yet, its going to be a long day at work knowing this is waiting for me  :D I decided to call it the Waffle; a little play on Whipple and Wah-Ful  ::)

jimmybjj

Nice, looks awesome. Can't wait to read your impressions and maybe hear your demo ;)
Pcbs no longer available

JakeFuzz

Quote from: jimmybjj on January 24, 2012, 03:43:49 PM
Nice, looks awesome. Can't wait to read your impressions and maybe hear your demo ;)

Thanks Jim, Ill try and get a demo recorded this weekend. I should also say that this uses the C4 = 330n mod. I did this mod on my Wizard spec wah and I really like it over the stock value.

sgmezei

This looks awesome! I can't wait for mine now. I like the hammertone finish, gives it a two tone look with the chrome pedal. Can't wait to hear it as well.

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

jkokura

Neato!

I've always wanted to get one of those blank wah shells from SB and do it up large with some crazy colour and a little laser etched plate on the front.

It sucks that I don't like using Wah though.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Ettore_M

That's what I'm talking about! Great, Paul! Awesome paint job! Nicely done! I've seen this finish in John Lyons' (Basic Audio) builds and I was wondering what the heck is this paint! You opened my eyes! ;D So, thanks! Really, everyday I'm learning new things on the forums!
" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

JakeFuzz

Thanks guys! I am dying at work right now, must go home and play guitar  :'( waaaah.

Ettore_M

" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

nzCdog

Woop!  Or should I say, yok yok!
Awesome build man... love the name too!

eldanko

Siiiiiiiiiiiick bro!  Love the hammertone.  I noticed you moved the freq knob outside but left the peak in - just curious if there's any reason to move the peak out as well?
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

eldanko

Also, for the external freq knob - did you need a pot with a longer shaft to get through the thicker enclosure, or is a standard pot ok?
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

JakeFuzz

Quote from: eldanko on January 24, 2012, 08:18:14 PM
Siiiiiiiiiiiick bro!  Love the hammertone.  I noticed you moved the freq knob outside but left the peak in - just curious if there's any reason to move the peak out as well?

I asked Brian and he said the frequency was more useful than the peak. Used detent pot and it feels really cool. Standard shaft size works well, I had to chop the top of the shaft to get this knob to far enough down but that is just cosmetic.

bigmufffuzzwizz

Your board must be looking great with all these new additions...
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

JakeFuzz

Seriously man, I have moved a few to the floor because there is no room on my boards anymore. I was thinking about selling a few but couldn't find one I didn't like enough to get rid of. Time to build another pedal board...  :D