News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Myths and Legends (Black Horse's 'The Beast')

Started by Timko, January 23, 2016, 11:01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timko

I finally got to box up the last circuit that I've put together over the holidays (that's currently working).  This one is The Beast from Black Horse Effects.  It's a combo overdrive pedal with the Maxon OD820 and the Klon Centaur.  I love how compact this thing is, but I had a rough time with the footswitch wiring (my mistakes).  I also ripped off one of the solder joints for the footswitch, and had to hack together a connection between the Klon output and the output of the pedal.  I had around a dozen pedals that I put together without much issue.  The moment I put my testing rig together, BOOM, 2 of my projects don't work.  I was thankful to have an oscillator and an audio probe for these!

Either way, I'm really happy with the way this one turned out.  The colors and graphics were a good combo for this.

electricb

Nice build - love the graphics on this one. I never do graphics on my pedals because I don't have the patience or know-how, but I admire other people's. It's a tough build so I'm glad it turned out ok in the end.

PS. I think you might want to move this (or re-post) to the build reports section.

Timko

Just noticed I posted it in the wrong section.

Thanks for the kind words!

dan.schumaker

It looks great.  That is one of my favorite circuits, he really knocked it out of the park with that one

JC103

Slightly off topic... does he have a website? I think there was a SS2/G2 combo pcb I am interested in...